Former TV host and radio presenter John Leslie has said he has been cleared by police over claims of sexual assault.
The former Blue Peter, This Morning and Wheel of Fortune presenter was questioned in connection with an alleged sexual assault on a 22-year-old woman in Edinburgh last year.
Mr Leslie told the Sunday Mirror police had informed him three days ago he would not face action over the claims.
The presenter said he expected to receive paperwork that will formally end the investigation this week, but until that point the file would officially stay open.
He spoke of his relief and his anger about the impact the allegations had on his family and career.
Mr Leslie told the newspaper: "The police have informed me there will be no further action and I will not be charged.
"While I am glad to be cleared, I have served a hefty punishment for a crime that never was. The damage to my parents and to me is incalculable."
He added: "It's so clearly not fair. I'm an innocent man and I'm thrown to the wolves."
A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "Police in Edinburgh are continuing to investigate the circumstances following a report of a sexual assault of a 22-year-old woman, which took place between Thursday November 19 and Friday November 20 in Edinburgh."