A court in Russia has sentenced one teenager to 15 days in jail and two young women to 10 days for twerking next to a World War II memorial.
The women were sentenced in a court in southern Russia after prosecutors launched a probe into a video showing a group of women twerking next to the memorial in the Black Sea.
It comes as Russia prepares to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Allies' victory in the World War II next month.
A 19-year-old woman was sentenced to 15 days in jail and two women in their 20s to 10 days for performing the sexually provocative dancing which involves vigorously thrusting one's hips and buttocks.
Prosecutors said in a statement Saturday that five women were found guilty of 'hooliganism' and two of them were spared jail because of poor health, reports the Huffington Post.
More videos from AOL
- Bruce Jenner's ex-wife gets candid about their marriage
- Beck's appeal: More reasons to love David Beckham
- Father pens unexpected obituary about daughter's heroin overdose
- Huskies make friends with white-tailed deer
- Man finds clever way to free bird from stairwell