Burger King customer finds slug in burger

Updated: 

Burger King crowns

Manminber Singh, a 37 year-old burger fan, popped in for a chicken burger at Burger King in Darlington in County Durham. He had just taken a bite of his meal when he came face to face with a slug.

So is this the most horrible creature to be found lurking in food?


Shock

The Daily Mail said that Environmental Health was investigating whether the slug had arrived in a bag of pre-washed lettuce, and said there were no initial signs of infestation in the restaurant.

The Metro reported that the restaurant in question has apologised and offered Singh his money back, but he is said to be really shocked by the experience.

Grim findings

The slimy discovery can't have been a pleasant one, but Singh is far from alone in being faced with a rogue critter in the middle of a mouthful.

In May Jenna Murray, a 29-year-old model from Camden, found a one-inch long dead beetle in her M&S mackerel, potato and beetroot ready-meal. She was offered her money back and a £15 voucher as a gesture of goodwill.

In September last year a Waitrose customer found a live frog in a bag of salad. She had already taken leaves out of the bag for her lunch, and put the rest back in the fridge. Her daughter was somewhat surprised to find a frog in the vegetable drawer.

The same month, Katie Crabtree found a dead, sliced rodent in her Tesco BLT sandwich. She spotted the paw just after biting into the rodent.

And in June this year a shopper in Lidl in Sydenham discovered a tarantula in a box of bananas. Staff trapped it in a tupperware box.

It all starts to make a slug sound like a comparatively appetising side order.

Seven of the craziest supermarket glitches

Seven of the craziest supermarket glitches


More stories