An 18-year-old boy, who doesn't want to be named, has become Britain's biggest teenage lottery winner, after pocketing £22 million on the Euromillions. His friends revealed the win, which happened a few months ago, to the Birmingham Mail.
So what has he spent the money on so far, and what advice would other teenage lottery winners give him?
The friends said he had already given some money to charity, and that he was keeping his feet on the ground. However, they also revealed that he is currently on holiday, in one of the Middle East's most opulent hotels, celebrating the win.
LessonsSo what can he learn from other teenage lottery winners?
1. Michael Carroll, the self-titled 'King of Chavs', from Norfolk, was 19 when he won the lottery. He quickly spent the money on drugs, prostitutes and gambling. Carroll's experiences show that while everyone is foolish when they are young, being foolish and rich just makes the mistakes more obvious. It's worth involving someone you trust who can help you make good decisions.
2. Callie Rogers from Workington, Cumbria, was 16 when she won £1.9 million. However, it didn't take long for the money to run out. She didn't win anything like as much as the latest winner, but her experiences may persuade the teen to pace himself, as £22 million will only last a lifetime if you show a bit of self-control.
4. However, it's not just the mistakes he can learn from. Ianthe Fullagar from Ravenglass in Cumbria, was 18 when she won the lottery in 2008. Two years later she was named by the Sunday Times as the 27th richest person in the UK, after deciding to invest her money for the future rather than splash out.
The mistakes of some high-profile wining teens may lead some people to assume that winning at a young age can be a double-edged sword. However, Fullagar gives us hope that it will simply allow the winner to enjoy the money for the rest of a long and happy life.
- Lottery winner blows £1.8m: unlucky or daft?
- How to win more from the lottery
- Lottery winners swap £90k semi for £5m futuristic mansion