Go on a river adventure in a luxurious vessel along the Amazon River in Peru for a honeymoon like no other. Aqua Expeditions' architecturally-designed, custom-built Aqua Amazon and Aria Amazon vessels offer nature-filled adventures combined with the comfort and sophistication of five-star, boutique hotel accommodation so you don't have to compromise on luxury on your trip of a lifetime. The river cruises feature gourmet cuisine from renowned chef Pedro Miguel Schiaffino and you will cruise the Peruvian side of the Amazon, which is lesser-known, so you can enjoy isolation and stunning scenery on a honeymoon adventure. The Amazon holidays include expert guidance from local guides and couples can experience wildlife spotting, fishing for piranha and exploring the Yacapana Islands.
For a UK honeymoon with wow factor and no crowds, the tiny island of Herm off Guernsey oozes romance and offers a laidback, Caribbean-esque beach getaway without the jet lag. At just a few miles long and wide, and with a population of just 60, no roads, vehicles or even the public playing of music it’s one of the UK’s most sacred havens. The island is home to just a small handful of cottages, making it ideal for newlyweds looking for a peaceful honeymoon. Fisherman’s Cottage has the best positioning on the island, south facing and overlooking the harbour as well as being just 100 metres from Fisherman’s Beach. The old style character cottage is set in a large private garden, with an Aga and two bedrooms. Herm is accessible via a 20-minute ferry from Guernsey, which can be reached on a 30-minute flight from London Gatwick.
Discover Chile's most remote regions with a spot of pampering on an adventure honeymoon in South America. Tierra Hotels' new honeymoon package includes relaxing massages, horseback riding for two and some of Chile’s best wine, along with a sunset Jacuzzi experience. A head guide provides personal consultation for couples to choose scenic tours and adventures including volcano climbing, biking and day-long hikes. The package includes four nights all-inclusive in both Tierra Patagonia and/or Tierra Atacama, with relaxing massages, sparkling wine and a personalised service. Both boutique hotels were designed to reflect their surroundings and offer a warm atmosphere and Adventure Spa experience for extraordinary experiences and ultimate relaxation.
South Africa and Kenya are popular honeymoon destinations in Africa, but for somewhere off the beaten path opt for undiscovered Uganda on a tailormade trip, searching for gorillas in the Bwindi National Park, taking a boat to search for zebras, impala and eland, before leaving Uganda for a relaxing few days on the beautiful beaches of Zanzibar. Explore’s Tailormade Ugandan Gorilla and Honeymoon Safari offers a bespoke journey for you to choose from a range of accommodation, including the indulgent Protea Hotel Entebbe which overlooks the shores of Lake Victoria.
Head for lesser-known Vietnam and Cambodia on your Asian honeymoon for a life-changing experience, where you can visit friendly hill tribes, enjoy dinner by the lantern-lit river in Hoi An and visit romantic Angkor Wat at dawn. On an Along the Mekong to Cambodia trip with Rickshaw Travel you will travel by boat from Vietnam to Cambodia, sailing through small canals and past villages, islands and floating markets, before ending your trip in Phnom Penh. The tour offers a behind-the-scenes glimpse of Vietnam to see locals doing laundry, plucking chickens and working the land. The three-day tour includes comfortable accommodation along the Mekong Delta, bus and boat transfers, daily excursions with an English-speaking guide and a speedboat to Phnom Penh in Cambodia.
- After the buzz (and stress) of the wedding, what better way to escape than to the breathtaking Canadian wilderness? The Yukon offers peace and serenity in its location north of British Columbia and east of Alaska. The wilderness is rich in rugged mountains and raging rivers, boasting wildlife and nature wherever you turn. Take the flight of your life in a float plane to Lake Tagish, marvelling at the endless wilderness below before experiencing the luxury of a cosy log cabin. Tempting activities available include guided hikes to see the spectacular Miles Canyon Basalts and a visit to Whitehorse, an authentic Klondike Gold Rush town. What’s more, from mid-August onwards, the Yukon night sky often displays the Northern Lights, making your honeymoon even more magical. Artisan Travel offers a six-night Yukon Wilderness Escape between June and September, with kayaking and canoeing at Tagish Lake.
Head to Asia and experience 'real' Japan with plenty of romance on a unique trip of a lifetime. Couples can stay in traditional ryokan with private hot spring baths, beautiful mountains, white sand subtropical beaches and world-class cuisine. From towering skyscrapers to impeccable gardens filled with cherry blossom, a honeymoon in Japan offers spectacular scenery and unforgettable experiences. You can get dressed up in the finest wedding kimono for a photo session, visit a Zen-inspired spa at a mountain retreat and take a sunset helicopter ride over Tokyo. InsideJapan offers bespoke honeymoons in Japan, including stays in temples and ryokan guest houses, hot spring baths, tea ceremonies and a sushi breakfast at Tokyo's Tsukiji fish market.
- For an American honeymoon you will never forget, hit the mountain ranges of Nevada on a wild holiday featuring a stay in a luxury hand-painted tipi, horse-back riding on saddle horses and tamed Mustangs, as well as hiking, abseiling, rifle target shooting, 4x4 driving and lasso lessons. Mustang Monument Wild Horse Eco Resort is an incredibly stylish destination that combines philanthropic tourism with luxury and romantic travel, ideal for newlyweds looking for an adventurous start to their life together. The resort provides jaw-dropping views of the spectacular mountain ranges and after adventure-filled days horse-riding or exploring the old pioneer ghosts towns nearby, you can unwind and relax in an authentic Wild West saloon bar, or have a delicious dinner in a private dining tipi under the stars.
Popular holiday island Tenerife may not be the first place you consider for a honeymoon but with stunning beaches, the breathtaking Mount Teide and no jet lag, it's an excellent alternative to the Caribbean. Tenerife is home to more luxury hotels than Barcelona and more four and five-star hotels combined than any other destination in Spain. The upmarket Costa Adeje has an array of spa hotels and luxury resorts. The south of the island also has the only two Michelin-starred restaurants in the Canary Islands. Couples looking for a more rustic and traditional experience can stay in the boutique hotels in the north of Tenerife, full of romantic spots with stunning scenery. The island also offers the chance to combine a few days relaxing on the beach with unique adventures, such as climbing Mount Teide (Spain’s highest peak), whale and dolphin watching by private catamaran and romantic stargazing with a champagne dinner at the Teide National Park.
- Start married life with a shared challenge by trekking the iconic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu together. While it's certainly no walk in the park, the amazing destination makes for an unforgettable holiday. Couples can start their trip with relaxation on the beach in Mancora, before flying to the beautiful city of Arequipa overlooked by the dramatic El Misti volcano, where you can wander the small cobbled lanes and watch the world go by from the small street cafes. The trip ends with the Inca Trail, offering a massive sense of achievement. RealWorld Holidays' 18-day Peruvian honeymoon is made extra luxurious with stays in carefully chosen five-star boutique hotels.
- For couples looking to step back in time, Romania offers horse drawn carts and gypsy wagons. Slow travel through a medieval land of fairy tale castles and live the pastoral lifestyle – the perfect soother after the buzz of a wedding. The country is home to amazing sites, including Bran Castle in Transylvania, and newlyweds can take private guided tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Saxon villages of Mikslovar. Make your trip even more romantic with horse and cart picnic rides in Zalanpatak, go bear spotting and take forest walks, and don't miss the opportunity to meet with local villages, tradesmen and women. Original Travel offers honeymoons to Romania.
Britain’s 2,000-mile network of canals , cared for by the Canal & River Trust, provides a unique and understated setting for a honeymoon at home. Newlyweds can enjoy a hotel boat trip, pottering along at a maximum speed of 4mph as someone else takes the strain of the driving and working the locks. You can spend days wildlife-spotting and reading, and stroll alongside the boat as it meanders onwards, or stop-off at a characterful canal-side pub along your route. A hotel boat break is ideal for those who are keen to enjoy the beauty and tranquillity of the waterways, without having to do any of the hard graft of working the locks and manoeuvring the boat. Couples can choose from a weekend or a full week of taking in the UK's most interesting countryside and vibrant cities. Away4awhile offers hotel boat cruises, with a choice of starting points including Birmingham, Worcester, Stratford upon Avon, Warwick and Banbury.
The small Indian Ocean island of La Reunion makes for an unusual place for a honeymoon and can be combined with neighbouring island and classic honeymoon destination Mauritius as a twin-centre holiday. Newlyweds can check in to the trendy LUX* Ile de la Réunion before taking an early morning helicopter ride over the Jurassic peaks of the island. Learn about Réunion’s fascinating history and vivid natural landscapes on a guided 4x4 tour, and then take a short flight to Mauritius to experience more Indian Ocean luxury. Kuoni offers 10-night twin-centre holidays to La Reunion and Mauritius.
- With heightened interest in Iran over the last 12 months, more travellers are eager to explore the unusual holiday destination. On a honeymoon, you can travel in style on the Golden Eagle Danube Express, the first ever European private train permitted to cross into Iran. A honeymoon rail trip allows you to discover the mystical country, visit places that have been off the tourist map for many years and take in some of the oldest sites in the world. Visit Tehran and Yazd, one of the oldest cities in the world. Other experiences to add to your trip of a lifetime include a traditional Iranian lunch in Isfahan, the ruins of Persepolis and Necropolis, along with Iran’s oldest garden in Kashan, dating back to 1590, and a spectacular journey through the Zagros Mountains. Golden Eagle Luxury Trains has a new Heart of Persia tour for 2015, taking in the country over 12 days.
- The archipelago of the Azores, located in the heart of the Atlantic isn’t often thought of as a honeymoon destination, but the islands, especially the valley of Furnas on Sao Miguel Island, delivers romance, relaxation and unusual outdoor experiences. Furnas valley, characterised by steaming fumaroles and unique volcanic features is located inside the crater of a 'sleeping volcano' and its quaint old village, subtropical gardens and volcanic experiences, allure couples looking to escape the hustle and bustle and 'heat things up'. Terra Nostra Park, home to some of the most beautiful subtropical gardens in Europe, houses a thermal mineral pool. Heated by a volcano, it is the ideal location for newlyweds to cosy up, relax and take a swim before discovering the quaint old village and observing their dinner, the local Cozido das Furnas stew, being slow-cooked using the heat generated from the volcano. The romantic art deco Terra Nostra Garden hotel, located inside the subtropical gardens, provides the ideal base to explore the volcano crater by foot, bike, or taking a canoe out onto the crater lake surrounded by old churches and gardens.