- Traditional Mexico meets influences from Asia at Banyan Tree Mayakoba where the bathrooms are famed for their sheer size and boast double sinks, an enormous walk-in shower and dressing room, as well as sliding doors to reveal a pretty courtyard with a large stone bath-tub. Staff will light candles and prepare a romantic bath for couples looking to experience something special on holiday. Banyan Tree bathrooms come complete with a surround sound system with relaxing music to sooth and calm.
The bathrooms of the luxury Ocean Pool Villas on Kandolhu Island in Maldives are open and airy. Each comes with a shower, twin vanity and a bathtub, while featuring a sliding door which opens up to the outdoor deck with incredible ocean views. The expansive and completely private deck includes sun loungers, a sun umbrella and a plunge pool for you to enjoy the infinite views.
For a unique and intimate experience on a safari holiday, Sanctuary Baines' Camp allows you to fall asleep under the spectacular African night sky after an indulgent bush bath in beautiful natural surroundings. You can lie back and reflect on an incredible day of game viewing in Botswana’s Okavango Delta in the private bath for two located on your private viewing deck. The free standing bath tub 'magically' appears on the candlelit private viewing deck while you are out on an evening game drive and the zinc 'star baths' are filled with warm water and plenty of bubbles. Mobile canvas screens are placed around them to ensure complete privacy without obstructing the stunning views from the deck.
Designed in a contemporary Asian style, five-star resort The Sarojin has 56 residences which are nestled within 10 acres of tropical grounds. Each room blends harmoniously with nature and this extends to the luxurious en-suite bathrooms which feature a unique indoor tropical garden setting. The bathrooms boast a standalone ovoid couples' bath, twin vanity basins, twin dressing areas and intimate rainfall showers that exude an outdoor feel but are designed with all the comfort of being air-conditioned and totally private.
At Chateau de la Treyne, situated in Lacave perched on a cliff that overlooks the Dordogne River, the bathrooms feature high-tech showers with jets, gorgeous gold baths with Jacuzzis and Hermes toiletries. A view of the Dordogne runs past the window and guests can indulge under grand lighting in the stunning bathroom with seating.
- The bathrooms at The Reverie Saigon in Ho Chi Minh City exude designer luxury with their bath amenities by Aqua di Parma, Frette bath robes and towels, rain showers and flat screen TVs. The decor combines Italian marble and hand-laid mosaic tile artistry by Sicis of Italy and the window-side tubs overlook the Saigon River and city skyline.
- The luxury bathroom in Pennyhill Park's Snowdrop Suite features an array of impressive facilities including an innovative Yin Yang bathtub for the ultimate his and hers luxury experience. The bath has two separate bathing areas for quality time together and is shaped in the Chinese symbol Yin Yang, providing each person with their own bathing water, temperature and colour choice. The bath features soundwave massage technology for the bather to feel the sound in their body and regenerative lighting to match your mood with 4 LED colour light beamers.
- In the master bathroom, located in The Goring’s Royal Suite, guests can experience something of a spectacle. Adorned with white marble, the space is filled with a unique collection of sink fittings and ornaments, with a sweeping staircase that leads down from the antique four poster bed in the Master bedroom. But nothing competes with the near-life-size portrait of Queen Victoria hung behind a glass wall in the shower big enough for six. The glass fitted in front of the Royal painting is the same used in aeroplanes to ensure it is kept in pristine condition.
One of the world's tallest hotels, The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, is home to the 4,000 square-foot Ritz-Carlton Suite with a huge marble clad bathroom that offers scenic vistas of Victoria Harbour and the iconic Hong Kong skyline. The suite was designed to resemble the inside of a jewellery box and the bathroom boasts a 32-inch flat screen LCD television, a Kohler shower enclosure with a rainforest showerhead and a Whirlpool complemented with Acqua di Parma bath amenities. A private butler is available to draw the perfect bath in the in-room sauna.
- The size of a small house, the bathroom of the Hugenot Suite at La Residence in South Africa reminds you of the Palace of Versailles. You won't need anything while in this room as it is so intuitively stocked with everything to the highest standard. Replete with chez lounge and chandelier, the only tricky thing is finding the toilet. Steppes Travel offers holidays at La Residence.
- At Castello Del Nero in Tuscany, the Executive Suites feature bathrooms with original frescoes and a marble fireplace with the facilities located in the middle of the room, separated by a marble construction. It features a double sink with a huge mirror, a double walk-in shower on the right side and a standalone bathtub on the left side in front of the fireplace. The bathroom, as all spaces decorated with frescoes located on the ground and first floor of the main building, were part of the living quarter of the families Del Nero and Torrigiani.
- Alila Ubud's Terrace Tree Villas are perched on the sunrise side of the resort in Bali, featuring a sleek bathroom that floats above the valley over the rich jungle canopy and is cooled by the valley breeze. The deluxe bathroom comes equipped with a rain shower, bathtub and separate His and Her vanities, with a complete range of locally-sourced, organic Alila bathroom amenities. The Alila Living amenities include sunblock, after-sun cooling gel, mosquito repellent and face spritzer.
- There are five spacious Paresa Dima Spa Pool Suites at Paresa Phuket with huge bathrooms that have unique design features. The suites come with a private 10-metre infinity swimming pool surrounding the bathroom, a 180-degree sea view, private spa treatment sala and steam room, daybed area and an island-style couples' bath 'floating' in the middle of the pool.
- The spacious marble bathrooms with sunken tubs and separate showers at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya are not just for guests who check in to the presidential suite, but feature in the standard rooms, too. Each of the sinks are handmade by local artisans and feature original artefacts, including a statue of a 'kirin' from Indonesia, which belong to the hotel owners' personal collection. The bathrooms are equipped with Bulgari bath amenities, a jet shower and plenty of space.
- The bathrooms in the two penthouse suites at The Upper House in Hong Kong have floor-to-ceiling windows which capitalise upon breathtaking views over Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. The bath and walk-in glass rain showers are positioned so that the view is never lost, offering one of the most spectacular bathroom settings in the city. Chic Collection offers stays at The Upper House.
- Designed to evoke the art deco era with a contemporary twist, the bathrooms at The Wellesley feature hand-selected blocks of veined Arabescato Corchia marble from the Cararra region in Italy, bespoke marble shower trays and a freestanding vanity bench in marble and polished chrome finish. The decadent freestanding baths boast stunning aluminium plinths inviting guests to lie back and enjoy the ambience, as well as be entertained by the television recessed into the mirrored wall.
NIYAMA brings an edgy, modern twist to the traditional Maldivian escape by balancing tranquillity with a sense of discovery, stimulation and fun, showcased within its selection of beautiful outdoor bathrooms. Situated on the atoll of Dhaalu, in the southwest of the Maldives, the trendy destination has tapped into the bathing au naturel trend with each open-air bathroom fitted with an enormous bath, surrounded by lush and tropical vegetation for added privacy.