Built a century ago in the heart of London, Ten Trinity Square features a tower and a grand Portland Stone rotunda. This year, the opulence of the outside will be matched by the collection of spaces being meticulously restored and upgraded within. The Grade II-listed building, located next to the Tower of London, will include the Residences, a Four Seasons Hotel and Spa, and the Club. The Residences will consist of 41 spacious and elegant apartments; the Four Seasons Hotel will have restaurants, bars, a spa and 100 bedrooms; while the Club is being crafted from the original sumptuous boardrooms and executive offices, restoring its original features. Rates start from £400 per night.
Located in the upscale neighbourhood of Al Rayyan and directly connected to the Mall of Qatar, the AlRayyan Hotel Doha, Curio Collection by Hilton offers 201 elegant guest rooms and suites featuring timeless decor, along with floor-to-ceiling windows, oversized bathrooms and walk-in rain showers. The chic, one-of-a-kind hotel has a rooftop restaurant, Muy Vivo, which provides Latin American cuisine from a lively open kitchen, while all-day dining venue Mezzo, located on the ground floor, offers a blend of Italian, Arabic and international dishes. The hotel also boasts three outdoor pools, a 24-hour gym, wellness areas and a children's play area. Deluxe King Rooms start from £120 per night.
- Fairmont Quasar Istanbul is the highly anticipated addition to Istanbul's skyline, rising above the slopes of the Bosphorus and serving as a genuine hub for the well-travelled, while uniting the sophistication of modern Istanbul with the unique lineage of its location. The hotel will provide 209 guest rooms including 25 suites, each with panoramic views overlooking either the serene Bosphorus or the city skyline and decorated stylishly with industrial touches and plenty of natural light. The Willow Stream Spa, the Marble Bar and the stylish restaurants will provide beautiful places for guests to relax. Rooms from approximately £169 per night.
- The second Vienna House Berlin is set to open under the Vienna House Easy budget brand and will be set in the Prenzlauer Berg district. The hotel will be aimed at young urban explorers and offer modern rooms, with a bakery-style breakfast lounge, a stylish bar, three creative meeting rooms, a co-working area in the heart of the lobby and a mobile concierge service. All 152 rooms will feature box-spring beds and cosy furniture. Standard rooms from €69 per night.
Located in one of Barcelona’s most exclusive districts, The One Barcelona will be a new five-star grand luxury hotel with a sophisticated interior design that inspires comfort and tranquillity. The hotel will have spacious and bright rooms, a restaurant and cocktail and wine bar, as well as a spa, an exclusive guest-only plunge pool and solarium. Guests will also enjoy access to a magnificent rooftop terrace with panoramic views over the city. From €275 per night.
Hot on the heels of a successful Manhattan venture, 1 Hotels is looking to conquer another borough. The 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, located right on Brooklyn’s new riverfront park and featuring prime views of the East River and Manhattan skyline, will focus on nature and sustainability. Drawing from its surroundings, the hotel used shipping containers, pilings and piers as design inspiration plus a million panes of glass to bring the outdoors in. The 194 guest rooms will have floor-to-ceiling windows, eco-friendly Keetsa mattresses and reclaimed materials. Award-winning chef Seamus Mullen will head the farm-to-table restaurant, while the rooftop bar and lounge will offer a plunge pool for hot days and fire pits for cold nights. Rates TBC.
Located on a lush tropical island in the Dhaalu Atoll, Kandima Maldives has couples, groups, families and honeymooners in mind, offering more than just your average beach holiday. At this soulful resort, boredom will be banished as a large selection of experiences and facilities will be available, including the longest pool in the Maldives (measuring 100m), an art studio, photo studio, marine biology school, kids club and spa. The resort’s incredible choice of ten restaurants and bars will suit everyone’s tastes as cuisine from all around the world is showcased, including traditional Maldivian menus. From £160 per person per night on a half-board basis.
- This new boutique hotel brings a new level of luxury to the historic city of Vientiane, artfully balancing traditional Laotian designs with French neoclassical influences. The President has the privilege of being located right in the heart of Vientiane’s most exclusive area and sits between the striking Parliament House and the Presidential Palace. The 32 spacious rooms and suites boast high ceilings, marble floors and huge windows, many with views of the expansive manicured grounds and the English country house-inspired garden maze. The Ayurah Wellness Spa and four dining spaces are perfect spots to while away the hours. Rooms from £520 per night.
As tourism in Sri Lanka continues to thrive, travellers search for destinations beyond the capital city of Colombo - and Galle, located in the southwestern coastal region, is an ideal alternative, with its variety of historical and cultural features, including UNESCO World Heritage Site, Galle Fort. Amari Galle is set on a beautiful beachfront site, a short distance north of Galle Fort and will have 172 rooms and suites, all featuring direct sea views. It will also present an extensive pool deck with direct beach access, Amari’s signature Breeze Spa, two restaurants, banquet facilities and a fitness centre. Rates TBC.
- A unique eco-destination, The Oberoi Beach Resort, Al Zorah will provide a pristine natural environment including long, white sand beaches, azure lagoons and lush mangroves when it opens in Ajman, just 25 minutes from Dubai. Guests will have access to activities to suit all ages, such as golf, bird watching, watersports and exploring the marine wildlife and coral reef. Fresh local and international cuisine will be prepared by The Oberoi’s Master Chefs and the spacious rooms and suites with private balconies will offer the utmost comfort. Rates TBC.
- Contemporary art hotel At Six is set to bring elegant design, craftsmanship and comfort to Stockholm's hotel scene when it opens in spring 2017. The hotel, which will join the Preferred Hotels & Resorts LVX Collection, will be located on Brunkebergstorg Square, once a favourite haunt of 19th century high society. It will offer 343 immaculately-designed and spacious guestrooms, including 41 suites and a presidential suite covering 85 square metres with a private rooftop terrace. Its facilities will include modern art collections and exhibitions curated by Sune Nordgren, a wine bar, cocktail bar, brasserie and gym. The adjacent two-storey rooftop restaurant, bar and terrace will serve cuisine by award-winning local chef Frida Ronge. Rooms start from £232 per night.
A unique private island for grown-ups, Cempedak Island will be a tropical retreat with 20 beautiful hand-crafted sustainable bamboo villas, each architecturally designed to create the impression of being cocooned within a lush paradise while looking out to the glorious ocean. The bamboo villas will feature generous decks, plunge pools that welcome the outside in and a spiral staircase which leads up to a spacious bedroom with folding glass doors to the balcony - a private location for intimate sundowners overlooking the ocean. The private island, in Indonesia, will combine breathtaking eco-friendly design with soft white sand, gentle ocean breezes and sparkling azure waters, all just a few hours away from Singapore. Villas from £337 per night.
- This year, Beverly Hills is set to welcome the new 12-story, 170-room Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, designed inside and out by the legendary Pierre-Yves Rochon. Set at the corner of Wilshire and Santa Monica Boulevard, it will be Beverly Hills’ first newly-built property in almost a decade and the brand’s first property on the West Coast. French culinary icon and Michelin-star rated chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten will debut his Beverly Hills fine dining restaurant, the chef’s first in LA, at the hotel. Guests will be able to relax, rejuvenate and restore at the 5,000-square-foot Spa by La Prairie, and the hotel will have a rooftop pool and lounge with VIP cabanas, the Beverly Hills way. Rooms start from $815 per night.
Once it opens in spring 2017, the boutique Casa Republica will be the first four-star hotel in Lima's bohemian neighbourhood of Barranco. The 17-room hotel started life as a 1920s mansion and has been impeccably maintained, channelling the glory days of Peru's Republican era. The design follows the style of the '20s with rooms that reflect the bohemian vibe of the district. The majority of hotels in Lima are modern buildings, making this a rare, colonial-style gem. From £145 per night.
Luxury will make a long-awaited and welcome return to the ancient Andalusian city of Malaga in 2017, with the arrival of its first grand hotel, Gran Hotel Miramar. A historic landmark building in the old city centre which has been painstakingly restored, the hotel is set to become one of Europe’s grand dames, with its original features including intricate Moorish carved wood arches, a beautiful gallery, Andalusian tiling, hand-painted frescoes and ornate stucco ceilings. Rooms from £147.
- Marking its debut in Dubai, Viceroy Hotel Group's newest edition will feature 477 bedrooms in its beachfront resort, located at the base of The Palm Jumeirah, and will offer each guest incredible views of the Arabian Gulf. The luxurious Viceroy Palm Jumeirah Dubai will bring an 'LA cool' vibe to the region, providing eight remarkable dining venues hosted by world-class chefs, a state-of-the-art spa with 14 treatment rooms, three swimming pools, a beach club, children’s club and a striking glass ballroom at the top of the building. Rooms from £312 per night.
- Michael Caines, one of Britain’s most celebrated chefs, is set to open luxury country retreat Lympstone Manor in Devon in spring 2017. Located on the southern edge of the village of Lympstone, between Exeter and Exmouth, the Grade II listed Georgian mansion is situated in 28 acres with unrivalled views overlooking the Exe Estuary. The former private home will be transformed into a 21-bedroom hotel featuring contemporary interiors that still retain a sense of place and a 60-seat fine dining restaurant. From £245 per night.
- Unico Hotel Riviera Maya will surprise guests with exclusive interiors, private pools with hydro spa tubs options, in-room mini bars with essentials to craft your own cocktails and fully-furnished balconies. Guests will be amazed by the three expansive pools, each offering a unique experience, the five gourmet restaurants and six bars and lounges, including a cigar lounge and two swim-up bars. The Esencia Wellness Center will provide 18 luxe cabanas, hydrotherapy facilities with a plunge pool and hammam, beauty salon and barbershop, all accompanied by a cocktail cart. From £606 per night on an all-inclusive basis.
Set in the iconic former Midland Bank building, The Ned was designed by Sir Edwin 'Ned' Lutyens in 1924. The heritage building will open in early 2017, hosting nine restaurants, 252 bedrooms channelling 1920s and 1930s design, a range of men’s and women’s grooming services (Cowshed, Cheeky and Neville) and Ned’s Club, where members have access to a rooftop pool, gym, spa, hammam and late-night lounge bar. The eight public restaurants will serve food that spans the globe, from Britain to Northern Italy, North America to Asia, and includes a Cecconi’s City of London, sister restaurant to the Cecconi’s in Mayfair, Berlin, Istanbul, Miami Beach and West Hollywood. Rooms from £250 per night.
Armenia's The Alexander will be located in one of the most prestigious addresses in Yerevan, close to the Republic Square, when it opens as a Luxury Collection Hotel in summer 2017. It will feature 114 luxurious rooms, including 17 opulent suites and a Presidential Suite, a ballroom and unparalleled wellness facilities, which include an indoor pool, spa and fitness centre. Guests will be able to enjoy a selection of culinary offerings, such as an all-day dining restaurant, a cigar club and a lobby bar. Rates TBC.
- Situated next to Rwanda’s renowned Volcanoes National Park, Bisate Lodge comprises just six forest villas and will offer an exclusive base from which to enjoy an extraordinary gorilla conservation experience and a holistic exploration of the beautiful region. Located within the amphitheatre of an eroded volcanic cone, the 27-hectare site is incomparable in terms of its natural splendour, with sweeping views towards the Karisimbi, Bisoke and Mikeno Volcanoes. The luxurious forest villas will provide generous yet intimate bedrooms, reception spaces and bathrooms, all warmed by a central fireplace. From £881 per person per night.
- Sani Resort, Greece’s much-loved five-star resort and ecological reserve, is expanding with a brand new adults-only hotel, Sani Dunes, in 2017. The chic new destination will offer a private beach, indoor and outdoor heated pools, an exclusive spa with six private treatment rooms including a couple’s suite with private steam bath, a special Thai massage cabin, Jacuzzi, fitness studio and gourmet restaurants. With 80 open-plan suites and 56 spacious rooms with handcrafted furniture and uncluttered interiors, it will be one of the hottest places for a grown-up, intimate escape. From £110 per night.
Inspired by its exceptional location, Another Place, set on the shores of one of England’s most beautiful lakes Ullswater, will offer dog-friendly rooms, family suites and fresh, contemporary spaces when it opens in the Lake District. Situated within 18 acres of secluded, unspoilt parkland, the hotel will connect guests with the great outdoors and encourage open-water swimming, sailing, stand-up paddleboarding and even skiing. The 20-metre indoor pool, excellent food grown in the vegetable patch and herb garden, and laidback living are highlights of the hotel. Double rooms from £160 per night.
- Situated in Sri Lanka’s leopard heartland of Yala National Park, Wild Coast Tented Lodge will boast 28 luxurious tented suites offering the excitement of a safari-style wilderness experience in the upmost comfort and luxury. Featuring a design inspired by the surrounding landscape, the vaulted tents will be arranged in clusters of three or four, replicating the shape of a leopard’s paw. A variety of learning experiences will be on offer, such as lectures of wild elephant behaviour and nature walks, and guests can enjoy authentic Sri Lankan cuisine in the open-air bamboo-clad bar and restaurant, or relax in the resort’s Ayurvedic Spa. From $924 per room per night.
- Located on the idyllic, volcanic island of Malolo amid crystal waters, pale ivory sand and thick tropical forest, Six Senses Fiji will feature 24 spacious pool villas and 66 residential villas – all offering privacy, seclusion and luxury. With a state-of-the-art gym, Club House, Kid’s Club and 650m stretch of private beach, the hotel will also offer sustainable practices and will be 100 per cent solar powered. Guests will enjoy bespoke wellness programmes and locally-inspired cuisine sourced from the hotel's vegetable garden. Rates TBC.
Opening between Cancun and Tulum, Hotel Xcaret Mexico will offer five different types of accommodation, each inspired by a natural element and surrounded by white sand beaches, coves, rivers and jungle trails. Casa Fuago will be just for adults, with a variety of private and secluded areas. Casa Espiral will also be for grown-ups, boasting luxurious suites with jungle and river views, while Casa Agua will offer direct access to the spa. Casa Tierra is set to give guests a family-orientated experience and Casa Viento (House of Air) will be home to a waterpark for children. Guests staying at the hotel will have exclusive access to the Xcaret Parks, including entry before opening hours. Rooms start at £350 per person per night.
A new tented eco-retreat is being built on car-free Rottnest Island, the nature reserve famous for its wildlife and beaches, which is just 30 minutes from Perth in Western Australia. The glamping retreat will include 29 luxury eco-tents with ensuites and a high level of comfort, ten affordable two-bedroom family tents, as well as 35 budget tents. There will also be a Beach Club with a bar, café and restaurant, all with breathtaking views over the beach and to the Perth skyline. From $75 for a budget tent to $250 for a luxury beachfront tent.