Anassa was made for families and offers kids' clubs for all ages - from babies at four months old to teens. With half or full-day clubs available, they include complimentary meals, snacks and nappies. While teenagers at the hotel in Polis enjoy their own exclusive urban graffiti-designed hangout, there are babysitters available to give the parents peace to enjoy the spa, pool and Mediterranean lifestyle. Thoughtful family touches are also on offer, such as early restaurant sittings and junior sports camps, lessons and spa treatments that ensure children are always entertained. Scott Dunn offers seven nights at Anassa from £1,350 per person, based on two adults and one child sharing a Studio Suite on a half-board basis and including return flights and private transfers.
- Europe's first Hard Rock Hotel spurred the rise of the White Isle as a family destination, with its five-star facilities including two dedicated kids lounges, Roxity and Teen Spirit, featuring state-of-the-art games and chill-out zones, as well as a jam-packed activity calendar offering a weekly ‘Be A Rockstar’ talent show, ‘Be A Popstar’ dance competition and Fender guitar tournament. Families love the hotel's two swimming pools, playground, Rock Spa and great variety of cafes and restaurants. Staying true to its musical heritage, Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza offers family-friendly live music performances each week, including weekly parties such as ‘Tinie Tempah’s Pool Party’ and ‘Children of the 80s’. Double rooms start from £178 per night based on two people sharing on a B&B basis.
- A collection of three hotels and private villas among the unspoilt Chia Bay in Southern Sardinia, Chia Laguna Resort offers one-of-a-kind luxury with a mini club and babysitting services, land and sea sports and no less than nine restaurants serving a vast range of gastronomic choices from local Mediterranean flavours to the best in international á la carte cuisine. The Village hotel provides a relaxing oasis with spacious cottages, a mini club to keep children entertained and a shuttle train available to the nearby beach. The summer football school allows restless children to take part in an unforgettable football coaching experience with some of their heroes, including Bobby Zamora and Andrew Johnson. Rates at Chia Laguna’s Hotel Village start from €255 per night, based on two people sharing a Classic Room on a half-board basis. Rates also include WiFi, access to fitness facilities and beach service.
- While it's not technically in the Med, Portugal's Algarve boasts a Mediterranean climate, culture and scenery, with excellent family resorts to match. At Pine Cliffs, a Luxury Collection Resort, the 7,000 square metre Porto Pirata children's village for children ages six months to eight years is a real draw, offering a bouncy castle, basketball court, mini track for big-wheel toys, scooters and bikes, plus a swimming pool just for kids. The Annabel Croft Tennis Academy also keeps guests busy and is ideal for families, with a wide selection of coaching courses available for adults and children. The two and three-bedroom Residences are inviting retreats featuring large living spaces, private terraces and unique views. Scott Dunn offers seven nights at Pine Cliffs, a Luxury Collection Resort, from £1,500 per person, based on a family of four sharing a two-bedroom Garden Residence on a full-board basis and including two kids' club places, return flights and private transfers.
Home to one of Europe’s best kids' clubs, Domes of Elounda making sure all ages are looked after and everyone can have a fun, relaxing holiday. Based in Elounda, Crete, the hotel combines smooth-edged architecture with an exotic touch from Moorish additions. There are two enormous saltwater pools, one inside, one out, and a quiet beach. The wide range of activities for guests includes treasure hunts, sandcastle building, pool races, water skiing and beginning scuba instruction. Additionally, there are family boat trips daily, freshly prepared baby food available in the main restaurant and a children’s buffet on a table high enough for little hands to reach. There is also an extensive children’s spa treatment menu which includes chocolate facials and mummy and me pedicures. A Family Suite, (one King, two sofa beds) with a garden view, Whirlpool and balcony costs from £168 per night on a B&B basis.
- Set in 500 hectares of beautiful woodland, rolling hills, olive groves and vineyards, Villa Lena is much more than just a traditional Tuscan retreat. Opened as an artist residency and a hotel, the retreat brings together entertainment, music, art, film and other creative fields in one place. The ever-expanding kids' offerings make it the perfect getaway for the whole family. As well as endless countryside to explore, pigs to feed and three swimming pools, the hotel hosts games at the Kids Club, has a Kids Playroom and Playgrounds, as well as weekly kids' activities and workshops with the resident artists. For the adults, Villa Lena can organise horse rides, golf and visits to artists' studios. A week at the retreat starts from £1,780, based on two adults and two children sharing on a half-board basis.
Warm Mediterranean sunshine, luxurious accommodation and the opportunity to enjoy some quality family time in France’s sunniest region, Château Les Carrasses in the French Languedoc is a utopia for families. Nestled among vines, the 19th Century vineyard estate offers a choice of stylish self-catering accommodation, beautiful countryside surroundings with hotel facilities such as a heated infinity pool, tennis and volleyball courts, a French Brasserie and Wine Bar. The exciting array of family-friendly activities includes cycle rides through the vines, French cookery classes, beach trips, self-driving boats down the Canal du Midi and picnics in national parks. The kids' Club is open during the summer holidays so parents can kick back and enjoy time soaking up the rays by the infinity pool while sampling the extensive Languedoc wine list. A two-bedroom house with pool (sleeps four) costs from 335 Euro per night.
Located in a picturesque nature reserve in a largely undiscovered area of Greece on the Peloponnese, The Westin Resort Costa Navarino has endless sporting and cultural activities on offer. The resort has its own water park, bowling alley complete with American diner and race cart track. For eco-education, the children can spot Wildlife at the beautiful Gialova lagoon, visit a famous waterfall, learn about local flora and fauna at the interactive museum Natura Hall or watch sea turtles lay their eggs on the Dunes beach nearby. Prices start from £3,999 for a family of four for seven nights in a Family Suite on a half-board basis, including flights and transfers with Travelbeam.
- Sheltered by green mountains on Mallorca’s peaceful north-west coast, Belmond La Residencia is one of Spain's finest luxury boutique hotels and perfect for families seeking a quiet experience. Guests can take art classes, explore the region’s cultural treasures by Vespa, hike in the hills or simply let the hotel pack a picnic on one of its resident donkeys, amble up into the ancient terraces and enjoy a Mallorcan feast with a view. The kids' club is open to kids aged four upwards and offers a myriad of activities to keep young minds entertained. Young budding Rafael Nadal’s can enjoy tennis coaching with the resident professional instructor, or there are family excursions to experience together, including donkey trails with picnics, spa treatments for parents and kids and boat trips. Tots Too offers a seven-night stay from £5,950 per family, based on two adults and two children staying on a B&B basis, including return flights from London.
This stylish and contemporary property offers exceptional facilities for families. Set on the Adriatic coast and a shuttle ride to the old town, Radisson Blu Dubrovnik is a complete retreat but with easy access to Dubrovnik’s treats. Perfect for travellers with young children who want to self-cater, the one, two and three bedroom residences offer a vast and flexible solution. The hotel has a diverse range of food, from fine dining at Tartufo to fresh seafood at Cilantro. The complimentary Sunny Seal’s Kids Club offers seasonal activities for kids aged four upwards. Tots Too offers a seven-night stay at Radisson Blu Dubrovnik from £2,760 per family, based on two adults and two children staying on a B&B basis, including return flights from London.
Set along the spectacular Bodrum coast with the Aegean Sea as its outlook, Jumeirah Bodrum Palace is an all-suite hotel with villas also around the hotel, each offering commanding views over the azure sea, providing a unique balance between luxury, comfort and seclusion. An ideal hotel for families, the hotel boasts outstanding kids' club facilities including The Science Club where kids can explore science in a fun way with whacky experiments. Sinbad’s Kids Club boasts a children’s pool, aqua park and playground. While the kids are preoccupied, adults and grandparents can relax and unwind with gourmet food and frosty drinks in the comfort of the Cabanas. The beautiful dining spaces include Lebanese restaurant Al Nafoorah, Italian eatery Fortunella and Asian spot Gloriette. Prices for two adults and two children in a Noble Grand Suite start from £720 per night.