Warm Chicken, Med Veg and Bulgar Wheat Salad
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large courgette, cut into thick slices
- 1 large red onion, cut into slim wedges
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 small aubergine, cut into small chunks
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 150 g (5 oz) bulgar wheat
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 200 g (7 oz) each
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Heat 5 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan, add the courgette, onion, red pepper, aubergine and garlic and cook over a high heat for 15–20 minutes, stirring almost continuously, until golden and softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the bulgar wheat in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 15 minutes until tender.
- While the bulgar wheat is cooking, brush the remaining oil over the chicken breasts and season well. Heat a large griddle pan until smoking, add the chicken and cook over a high heat for 4–5 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through. Remove from the heat and thinly slice diagonally.
- Drain the bulgar wheat. Place in a large bowl, toss with the parsley and season. Add the hot vegetables and chicken, toss together and serve.