- Preparation time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- 250 g (8 oz) long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200 g (7 oz) cauliflower florets
- 125 g (4 oz) green beans, halved
- 1 tablespoon hot curry paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 250 g (8 oz) natural yogurt
- 40 g (1½ oz) raisins
- 75 g (3 oz) cashew nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
Cook the rice according to the packet instructions and drain.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan, add the carrots, potato, ginger and garlic and fry for 10 minutes until soft, adding a little water if the potatoes begin to stick.
Stir in the cauliflower, beans, curry paste, turmeric and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the yogurt and raisins.
Pile the rice on top of the vegetables, cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, checking it isn't sticking to the pan.
Serve the biryani sprinkled with the cashew nuts and coriander.