Steamed Mussels in Wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1.5 kg (3 lb) cleaned live mussels
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) dry white wine
- handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until lightly golden. Add the mussels and wine.
- Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the mussels have opened. Discard any that remain closed.
- Stir in the parsley, then serve with crusty bread.