Spicy Tuna, Tomato & Olive Pasta
- Preparation time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time
- 10–12 minutes
- 400 g (13 oz) dried penne or rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- large pinch of crushed dried chillies
- 400 g (13 oz) ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50 g (2 oz) pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped thyme
- 300 g (10 oz) canned tuna in olive oil, drained
- salt and black pepper
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the garlic, chillies, tomatoes, olives and thyme. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Break the tuna up with a fork and stir into the sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
Drain the pasta, then toss into the sauce. Serve immediately, with the bottle of extra virgin olive oil for anyone to drizzle a little oil on to their serving if they like.