Spicy Sausage and Salsa Butty
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes
- 4 chorizo cooking sausages or similar spicy sausages, thickly sliced
- 4 ciabatta-style rolls, cut in half
- salad leaves, to serve (optional)
- 12 baby plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large, dry frying pan and cook the sausage pieces over a medium-high heat for 7–8 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the salsa ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Heat a ridged grill pan and toast the cut side of the ciabatta rolls in it until they are nicely charred.
- Sandwich some sausage and salsa in each roll, topping the filling with a small handful of salad leaves, if desired.