- Preparation time
- 10 minutes, plus marinating
- Cooking time
- 5 minutes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 red shallots, chopped
- 1 lemon grass stalk
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger 1 mild red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 300 g (10 oz) boneless white fish fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
Put the garlic, shallots, lemon grass, turmeric, ginger, chilli and salt and pepper into a food processor or blender and process until a paste is formed, adding the oil and fish sauce to help the grinding.
Place the fish in a bowl and toss with the spice paste. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Thread the pieces of fish on to skewers and arrange on a foil-lined tray. Cook under a preheated hot grill for 4–5 minutes, turning once so that the pieces brown evenly. Serve sprinkled with the coriander.