Kedgeree-Style Rice with Spinach
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes
- 250 g (8 oz) smoked haddock fillets
- 125 g (4 oz) frozen peas
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) boiling water
- 250 g (8 oz) spinach leaves
- 500 g (1 lb) express rice
- 25 g (1 oz) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Place the haddock and peas in a frying pan, cover with the measurement water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 3–4 minutes, adding the spinach for the final minute of cooking.
- Meanwhile, microwave the express rice for 5 minutes or according to the packet instructions. Drain the fish, spinach and peas and flake the fish. Return to the pan and add the butter, garam masala and rice, season with pepper and toss well.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley, if liked.