Jalepeño Turkey Burgers
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- 500 g (1 lb) fresh turkey mince
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalepeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander (optional)
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- ciabatta-style rolls or crusty rolls
- shredded Iceberg lettuce (optional)
- spicy salsa (optional)
- soured cream (optional)
- Place the minced turkey in a bowl with the jalepeño pepper, coriander (if using), spring onion and egg, then season with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Mix well to combine, then shape into 4 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and shallow-fry the burgers gently for 4–5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden.
- Arrange the burgers on the bread rolls with your desired fillings. Top with the lid and serve immediately.