Chargrilled Chicken with Salsa
- Preparation time
- 10 minutes, plus marinating and resting
- Cooking time
- 18 minutes
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- pinch of crushed dried chillies
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 200 g (7 oz) each
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
Place the soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, honey and dried chillies in a shallow dish and mix together. Add the whole chicken breasts, cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate for 3–4 hours in the refrigerator.
Heat a griddle pan over a high heat until hot, add the chicken, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 8 minutes on each side until chargrilled and cooked through. Wrap in foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix together all the salsa ingredients in a bowl, then season. Leave to infuse.
Strain the marinade juices into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, then remove from the heat.
Top the chicken with the salsa and the warm marinade and serve with couscous mixed with tomato.