Asparagus & Mangetout Stir-Fry
- Preparation time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time
- 7–9 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100 g (3½ oz) fresh root ginger, peeled and thinly shredded
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 250 g (8 oz) thin asparagus spears, cut into 3 cm (1¼ inch) lengths
- 150 g (5 oz) mangetout, cut in half diagonally
- 150 g (5 oz) bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- steamed rice
- extra soy sauce (optional)
Heat a large wok until it is smoking then add the oil. Stir-fry the ginger and garlic for 30 seconds, add the spring onions and cook for a further 30 seconds. Add the asparagus and cook, stirring frequently, for another 3–4 minutes.
Add the mangetout and cook for 2–3 minutes until the vegetables are still crunchy but beginning to soften. Finally, add the bean sprouts and toss in the hot oil for 1–2 minutes before pouring in the soy sauce and removing from the heat.
Serve immediately with steamed rice and extra soy sauce, if liked.