Houseplants that provide stress relief
If you can't ever seem to relax, especially during these trying times, these five houseplants are sure to give you some relief.
1. Mint - Not only is this herb great to cook with, but a study found that the smell can lower frustration and boost awareness.
2. Jasmine - A study found this plant's scent to be "as calming as Valium."
3. Aloe - This plant does more than soothe burns and moisturize skin. It also purifies the air of carcinogens
and emits oxygen at night.
4. Lavender - This flowering herb has been used in aromatherapy for centuries. It has the ability to calm nerves, lower pulse rates and combat depression.
5. Basil - This herb contains the compound linalool, which has been found to reduce the activity of certain genes that go into overdrive during stressful situations.