Experiencing these symptoms? You could be allergic to alcohol

If you tend to find you struggle after only a little wine, beer or cider, you could be allergic to alcohol.

Here are some of the symptoms so you can see for yourself.

Going red in the face

This may be a sign that a liver enzyme (aldehyde dehydrogenase), needed for breaking down alcohol, is not present. This makes it harder for alcohol to leave the body meaning.

Migraines, tingling sensations in the eyes or nose, increased heart rate, diarrhoea

Any of these could be an allergic reaction to something in your alcoholic drink such as sulphites, yeast, hops, wheat, etc.

In order to stop these symptoms from happening again it could be wise to take a blood test to find out what, if anything, you are allergic to and then check the label to see the ingredients of your next drink.

Read Full Story

FROM OUR PARTNERS