How to light a Christmas pudding
Watch the easy BBC Good Food technique for presenting your festive pud. We show you how to coat the steamed pudding in warm brandy before lighting it.
Points to remember:
- You can swap the nuts for more dried fruit if you like.
- If you've made the pudding yourself, reheat by steaming for approximately 1 hour.
- For shop-bought Christmas puddings, you can reheat in the microwave or follow packet instructions.
- When steaming, cover the pudding with greaseproof paper and foil, so that no water gets in while reheating.
- Turn the pudding out by putting a plate on top and flipping it over.
- Before lighting the pudding, clear the surface area.
- Gently warm the brandy in a saucepan before lighting to achieve a bigger flame.
- Tip the brandy to the side of the pan before lighting.
- Point the pan or ladle away from you when pouring over the pudding.