Do you love cut flowers but wish they would last longer?
Here are five tips that can help keep your blooms perfect and extend their lives.
See also: Flower arranging for beginners
1. Cutting stems at a diagonal gives them a greater surface area to draw in water.
2. Change the vase water daily and remove any dead leaves and petals from the water.
3. Try adding a few drops of vodka to the water. This inhibits the production of a flower's ethylene, a ripening gas.
4. Lightly mist petals with hairspray to help prevent colour fading.
5. Keep out of direct sunlight to help slow down wilting. --