A woman in Australia has spent nearly $375 (nearly £300) to save her pet goldfish after he choked on a pebble he gobbled up in his fish tank.
Conker was rushed to the vet where an operation to remove the obstacle was performed using tiny tweezers.
He had to stay in the surgery overnight while they kept an eye on him but was allowed home the next day.
See also: Fish keeping for beginners
See also: Top tips for keeping exotic pets
And if you think that's a lot of money to spend on a goldfish, one pet owner spent even more.
A woman from Scotland is reported to have spent £750 to get braces for her beloved fish...