Top related searches:
- Online backup
- Booking holidays online
- GPS systems
- Photo printing
- Mobile internet
- Cinema times
- Online banking
- Recording TV
A new poll has examined the mundane tasks that we no longer do, and the list might make you start to feel all nostalgic for the 1990s.
Getting photos printed, ringing the cinema for film times and using public telephones all now seem to belong to a bygone era - as do setting the VHS recorder, popping into the travel agents to book a holiday and looking things up in an encyclopedia.
The survey was commissioned by a company called www.mozy.co.uk which sells online backup services, and asked people what they no longer did because of technology.
Top 20 disappearing chores...
1. Ring the cinema to find out times
2. Going into the travel agents to research a holiday
3. Record things using VHS
4. Dial directory enquiries
5. Use public telephones
7. Print photos
8. Put a classified ad in the shop window
9. Ring the speaking clock
10. Carry portable CD players
11. Write handwritten letters
12. Buy disposable cameras
13. Take plenty of change for pay phones
14. Make mix tapes
15. Pay bills at the post office
16. Use an address book
17. Check a map before or during car journey
18. Reverse charges in payphones
19. Go into the bank or building society to conduct your business
20. Buy TV listings
What do you miss doing most, and least, because of technology? Comment below...