The top search of the day that's been causing quite a stir is about poor little Danielle Jones from EastEnders. The intriguing longterm storyline in which Danielle, played by Lauren Crace, tried to be reunited with her estranged mother Ronnie Mitchell captivated a huge audience last Friday. Moments after Ronnie finally realised that Danielle was her daughter, Danielle was hit by a car and died in her mother's arms. This shocking end to the story outraged thousands of fans, some of whom even set up a Facebook goup to complain, but despite the public outcry, it seems unlikely that Danielle will be brought back from the dead.
The new tax year began yesterday and with it came rates changes, some good and some bad. The good news is a rise in the basic state pension by 5%, pension credits, child tax credits, the personal allowance and the inheritance tax threshold all increased. Not so good news for people earning over £40k as National Insurance is now payable at 11% on the first £43,875.
Will you be buying a bargain bikini or signing the save Danielle petition? Leave a comment and share your thoughts.
Top searches for April 7th, 2009:
- Danielle EastEnders - outrage at the character's death
- New tax year changes - how will they affect you?
- Jade Goody photos - remembering her life
- House prices - rose by 0.9%
- Power shower ban - government agency plans to conserve water
- Wayne Rooney baby - baby joy for Wayne and Coleen
- Easter Bank Holiday - the holiday is approaching!
- 99p bikini - recession-busting beachwear
- Malaysian GP - Jenson Button wins again
- Easter eggs - get yours before it's too late