Here are six reasons to eat chocolate the next time you’re craving sweets.
1. It may help lower cholesterol - Dark chocolate and unsweetened cocoa powder have been shown to have cholesterol-lowering capabilities.
2. It has improved insulin sensitivity - Dark chocolate can aid those with diabetes, increase circulation and lower blood pressure.
3. It is rich in necessary nutrients - Chocolate contains Iron, Magnesium, Copper, Manganese, Potassium, Phosphorus, Zinc and Selenium.
4. It can aid digestion - Dark chocolate is high in soluble fiber, which helps with digestion.
5. It helps reduce stress - Chocolate can increase blood flow to certain parts of the brain, which can improve cognitive function.
6. It can improve your mood - Chocolate is rich in antioxidants, which can provide a mood boost.