- Sir Paul McCartney and his daughter Stella backstage, after Stella McCartney Spring/Summer 2008 collection fashion show during Paris Fashion Week. (Photo by Stephane Cardinale/Corbis via Getty Images)
- UNITED STATES - CIRCA 1977: Paul & Linda McCartney in NYC with daughters Mary & Stella in 1977 (Photo by Vinnie Zuffante/Getty Images)
Paul, Linda and Stella McCartney at an airport in the United Kingdom in the mid-70's.
- Paul McCartney and his wife Linda, of Wings, with their children Stella and James, and Linda's daughter Heather (right), arriving at Marylebone Register Office, London, for the wedding of former Beatles drummer Ringo Starr, who wed actress Barbara Bach today. (Photo by PA Images via Getty Images)
- Stella McCartney with her award for Best International Designer at the Elle Style Awards, Home nightclub, London (Photo by William Conran - PA Images/PA Images via Getty Images)
- Fashion designer Stella McCartney is cheered by the audience after the presentation of her Spring-Summer 2000 ready-to-wear collection for Chloe, 06 October 1999 at the Petit Palais museum in Paris. AFP PHOTO THOMAS COEX (Photo credit should read FREDERICK FLORIN/AFP/Getty Images)
- 9/8/99 New York, NY. Paul McCartney with his daughter, Stella at the opening party of her new boutique, Chloe. Photo by Brenda Chase/Online USA, Inc.
- Stella McCartney with her award for Best International Designer at the Elle Style Awards, Home nightclub, London. (Photo by William Conran - PA Images/PA Images via Getty Images)
- 374393 01: 12/06/99 New York, NY. Liv Tyler and Stella McCartney at the Metropolitan Museum of Art for the Costume Institute Gala. Photo by Robin Platzer/Twin Images/Online USA, Inc.
- Fashion designer Stella McCartney gestures as she is cheered by the audience after the presentation of her Spring-Summer 2000 ready-to-wear collection for Chloe, 06 October 1999 at the Petit Palais museum in Paris. AFP PHOTO THOMAS COEX (Photo credit should read FREDERICK FLORIN/AFP/Getty Images)
- NEW YORK CITY - SEPTEMBER 8: Stella McCartney attends the grand opening of Chloe Boutique on September 8, 1999 in New York City. (Photo by Ron Galella, Ltd./Ron Galella Collection via Getty Images)
- 373672 01: Stella McCartney attends the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund's "Millennium Dresses and Auction A Very Liz Night" December 2, 1999 at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City. (Photo by Robin Platzer/Twin Images/Online USA)
Paul McCartney & Stella McCartney during The 14th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Dinner at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City in 1999.
- Trotz berühmter Eltern hatte Stella McCartney als Kind keine Unmengen an Geld zur Verfügung. Das entfachte ihre Liebe zur Vintage-Mode, wie die Designerin jetzt verraten hat.
- Alasdhair Willis and Stella McCartney pay tribute to the late Lagerfeld.
- Eine langjährige Freundschaft verband Karl Lagerfeld nicht nur mit Stella McCartney, sondern auch mit "Vogue"-Chefin Anna Wintour, die vom Chanel-Modepräsidenten Bruno Pavlosky begleitet wurde. (Bild: Getty Images)
- On Thursday evening celebrities streamed into the Grand Palais in Paris to pay tribute to renowned designer, Karl Lagerfeld.The tribute, named “Karl For Ever,” was organised by the houses of Chanel, Fendi and Karl Lagerfeld and conceived by theatre and opera director Robert Carsen.The 90-minute celebration of Lagerfeld's life took place four months after his death in February when he passed away aged 85.And it was an evening as spectacular and as stylish as the fashion shows the designer had created each season in the Parisian space. Actress Tilda Swinton and model Cara Delevingne stood out in bold gowns as they took to the stage to read excerpts from some of Lagerfeld's favourite authors. Swinton recited an extract from the Virginia Woolf novel Orlando, while Delevigne, wearing a pink feathered cocktail dress, paid tribute to Lagerfeld's beloved Choupette with a poem about cats written by Colette.Helen Mirren wore a sleek black suit as she read out snippets of The World According to Karl, a book described as "the ultimate repertoire of wit and wisdom from fashion's sharpest pin Karl Lagerfeld."The star-studded show was attended by the designers closest friends including Gigi Hadid, Carla Bruni Sarkozy, Claudia Schiffer, Anna Wintour and Stella McCartney, all of whom took their seats on alternating black and white chairs, a nod to Lagerfeld's love of a monochrome palette.The energetic evening, which also saw a group of dancers flown in from Argentina especially to perform the Por Una Cabeza, ended on a high as Pharrell Williams took to the stage to get everyone on their feet with a rendition of his song Gust of Wind. Scroll through the gallery above to get an inside look at Karl For Ever
- Attracting young spenders who are passionate about luxury is one of the big talking points at this year's Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity, taking place on the French Riviera.
The annual festival brings thousands of creatives together from around the globe to discuss, debate and disrupt the future of brand communications, marketing and advertising.
In the luxury sector, tech-savvy young people are becoming big spenders, big consumers, and big brands are having to adapt and innovate to please them, reports Damon Embling from Cannes. One report last year showed Millennials and Generation Z driving 85 per cent of luxury sales growth around the world.
Creating a 'special experience'
Lucie Greene, worldwide director for JWT Intelligence at Wunderman Thompson, explains: "What we see, not only as a product, but also a way of marketing is this idea of experiential marketing and experiential innovation.
"So this is not only based on... Millennials' and GenZ's spending on aspirational experiences – and that is part of your curated social media identity – but brands are realising that if you create a really special experience or collaboration with an artist, you are more likely to share that.
"You are also seeing a lot of emphasis from the brands on creating new forms of entertainment, based upon streaming and sound channels like podcasts."
Ethical and sustainable luxury
Today's luxury buyers also have a growing appetite for ethical and sustainable goods, something the communications industry is working to reflect.
"Whether that's vegan leather, or like Stella McCartney teaming up with a biotech company like Bolt Threads to create leather out of mushroom protein, or Chanel investing in Sulapac, which is a biodegradable form of packaging," Greene says, "this whole idea of luxury is being redefined as something that should be responsible."
With most young luxury customers, smartphone and digital-first platforms such as Instagram are becoming a key focus for generating sales.
"I was talking to a publisher of arguably one of the most important fashion magazines in the world [and] they're seeking to move the brand of the publication forward through having influencers on Instagram, and it's a very different way to think about moving a brand forward rather than to more traditional broadcast media," says Bill Kanarick, global head of customer practice at Ernst & Young.
"So I think luxury brands are doing a wonderful job in building an influencer network and using platforms like Snapchat and like Instagram to move their brands into the future."
- The first launch includes pieces from Stella McCartney, Peony, Veja, and more.
- The 22 Hottest Bags Our Editors Love For Summer 2019, From Staud to Stella McCartney
- Taylor Swift x Stella McCartney: everything we know about the collaboration
- In an Instagram live yesterday, the pop star said she will be releasing a special fashion collaboration in conjunction with her upcoming album release.
Stella had her superstar dad by her side for A Life in Photographs: An Exhibition of Photography by Linda McCartney in June 2011.
- A model presents a creation by Stella McCartney for the Chloe Spring-Summer 2000 ready-to-wear collection, 06 October 1999 at the Petit Palais museum in Paris. AFP PHOTO THOMAS COEX (Photo credit should read THOMAS COEX/AFP/Getty Images)