ITN Productions apologises for 'mistakenly conducting' filming with Melanie Sykes against Covid protocols

Melanie Sykes appeared to not isolate after returning from Italy. (Photo by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images for Together For Short Livessss)

ITN Productions has apologised for filming with Melanie Sykes "without taking into account the Covid protocols necessary after travel".

It comes after the 50-year-old presenter was pictured shooting something in London shortly after returning from a trip to Italy.

"Filming with Melanie Sykes was mistakenly conducted without taking into account the Covid protocols necessary after travel," the production company said in a statement, according to Metro.

"It was filmed with the camera crew and producer at a remote location and there was no deliberate attempt to break any rules.

"We apologise for the error and have reminded our teams of all Covid protocols. The safety of staff, contributors and the public remain paramount."

Current coronavirus guidelines state people shouldn't travel in the UK or overseas "unless for work, eduction or other legally permitted reasons".

Yahoo News UK has contacted ITN Productions and a representative of Sykes' for comment.

According to government rules, those returning from Italy must self isolate for two weeks after they arrive back in the UK.

Sykes shared snaps of herself in the European country throughout last week as she enjoyed the trip to Venice.

READ MORE: Danny Dyer says Joe Wicks is 'f***ing irritating'

On Wednesday, Sykes posted a photograph posing outside The Mayfair hotel in London. She captioned the image: "Titanic vibes in me new coat � @reiss #camelcoat shot by @sallyrowemua #london #filming."

The mother-of-two also took a trip to the Italian city back in October, where it was reported she had struck up a relationship with gondolier Riccardo Simionato.

This article originally appeared on Yahoo

Read Full Story Click here to comment

FROM OUR PARTNERS