Kim Kardashian has been targeted by animal activists at a New York book signing.
The reality TV star was at Barnes & Noble on Fifth Avenue this week signing copies of her book Selfish, which is composed entirely of her own 'selfie' photographs.
While she may have been ready for over-eager fans, she probably didn't expect animal rights activists to highjack the event.
The wife of rapper Kanye West has worn real fur on a number of occasions at high-profile events, as has her daughter, 21 month-old North West.
While she was signing books, a number of protesters gathered in front of her. One man said: 'Shame on you for supporting the fur industry.'
The star seemed unruffled and continued to sign books as another activist confronted her directly, saying: 'It's wrong to wear fur, you need to stop wearing fur. It's horrible. You're a terrible person.'
Some fans queued overnight to meet the star, and while many dreamed of snapping a photo with Kardashian, selfies with her at the event were prohibited.
More videos from AOL
- Mystery skywriter revealed in New Orleans
- Dinner plate that tells you when you're eating too much
- Big Bird revealed: Meet the man inside the costume
- Is this what Princess Charlotte will look like when she grows up?
- Man uses unique painting of himself for marriage proposal