Now that the smartphone has all but replaced the digital camera for taking photographs, here's a few tips on how to get the best out of your mobile device.
You can avoid getting the shakes by using a tripod - yes, these aren't for just larger digital SLR cameras. They fold away and are easy to take with you, too.
When using a tripod, you can time delay the phone to get yourself in position before the shutter clicks. And did you know you take the picture by using the button on your earphones?
Another tip that sounds obvious is to use both hands. Using one hand, particularly when taking the ubiquitous 'selfie', can end up capturing wonky images.
The physical buttons on the side of the phone are rarely used too when taking a selfie. Just pressing the screen 'button' can often involve getting your hand into an awkward position.
Finally, as with all photography, keep the lens clean.
More videos from AOL
- Porpoise dies after rescue attempt on UK beach
- Steve Coogan hits the streets campaigning for Labour
- Man uses unique painting of himself for marriage proposal
- Is this what Princess Charlotte will look like when she grows up?
- The 10 most essential American road trips