West Ham have completed the signing of Said Benrahma on a season-long loan from Brentford.
Earlier on Friday, the deal had been thrown into doubt after it was reported that Benrahma had failed his medical.
But the Hammers have confirmed the Algeria international will be moving to the London Stadium until the end of the current campaign after finalising a switch before the 5pm deadline.
West Ham have an agreement in place over a permanent move for Benrahma, which the PA news agency understands is a £25million deal with a further £5m in add ons.
However, the 25-year-old will not be available for West Ham’s Premier League clash against Tottenham on Sunday.
Benrahma attracted West Ham manager David Moyes’ interest after he scored 17 times for Brentford last season.
“I’m very, very happy to be a part of this team,” said Benrahma following the announcement.
“West Ham is a historic club, which has been in the Premier League for a very long time.
“It included and still includes good players. It’s a massive club in England.
“I spoke to the manager, so I know exactly what he expects from me. I’ll try to meet his expectations on the pitch because he’s put faith in me and hopefully I can give it back on the pitch.
“It’s always enjoyable to know you’re joining the most-watched league in the world, so I’m definitely looking forward to showing what I can do.”
Manager Moyes added: “I’m delighted to welcome Said to West Ham. He is a player who has had a lot of recognition for his performances with Brentford in the Championship.
“There has been a lot of interest shown in him so we are very pleased that he has decided to join us.
“We have been looking to bring in players who are hungry and determined to progress and get better. Said is an exciting talent with a lot of ability and the right qualities, who will complement the other attacking players we have at the club.
“We need to give Said some time to settle in, but the step up to the Premier League is one I am confident he will be able to make.”
Moyes has confirmed he is fighting fit and ready to get back on the touchline.
The Scot has missed West Ham’s last four matches after testing positive for coronavirus prior to the Carabao Cup match against Hull.
Moyes self-isolated and worked from home as West Ham secured impressive wins over Wolves and Leicester, but the 57-year-old will be back in charge at White Hart Lane.
“I’m all good,” said Moyes, his side 10th in the Premier League after four matches. “I have to say thanks for all the support from the people around me.
“Like everybody else, I followed all the guidelines. In fact I stayed at home a little longer because I didn’t want to be a spreader and bring it in, but I had a brilliant team looking after the football side. They did a great job, I am really pleased.”