Singer and YouTube star HRVY has updated fans to say he is “free from Covid”.
The 21-year-old, who is part of this year’s Strictly Come Dancing celebrity line-up, has been isolating after testing positive for coronavirus.
But in a tweet on Thursday, he said: “He’s free from Covid, he’s a free elf now … thank you for all the kind messages, I tested negative today so I’m back, love you guys and see you all soon.”
he’s free from Covid, he’s a free elf now… thank you for all the kind messages, I tested negative today so I’m back, love you guys and see you all soon 🖤 pic.twitter.com/CW2phX6d5s
— hrvy (@HRVY) October 8, 2020
He shared the news alongside a collection of photos of himself standing outside in the rain.
It is understood that HRVY’s positive coronavirus test had a minimal impact on Strictly production and he only came into contact with a handful of production crew, who all then isolated themselves.
HRVY’s negative test means he is now able to take part in the launch show.
He will be joining other contestants including comedian Bill Bailey, former home secretary Jacqui Smith, actress Caroline Quentin, reality star Jamie Laing and boxer Nicola Adams, who will compete as part of the BBC One show’s first same-sex couple.
Discussing joining the show, HRVY previously said: “I’m proper nervous but I’m buzzing. I don’t think it’s the dancing – it’s the tight shirts and the tight trousers.”
He added: “I’ve grown up watching it. I can’t wait for the challenge.
“I really want to win … If I go out on the first week I’ll have to change my name and leave the country!”