Luxury cruise line Cunard has extended the suspension of sailings for its three ships until next year.
Sailings are cancelled until March 25 for the Queen Elizabeth, until April 18 for the Queen Mary 2 and until May 16 for the Queen Victoria.
The firm had previously cancelled sailings until November 2020.
We are extending our pause in operations and making some itinerary changes for 2021 and 2022.Here's Simon Palethorpe, President of Cunard, with an update https://t.co/BEloxtRwnRpic.twitter.com/WAtbEHlrvg
— cunardline (@cunardline) August 25, 2020
It said the decision to extended the suspension is due to “the complexity of operating world voyages” and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office continuing to advise against cruise travel.
Cunard president Simon Palethorpe said: “We are so sorry to all those guests who were due to sail on any of the cancelled voyages and for the disappointment this news will cause.
“After very careful consideration and reviewing the latest guidance, we simply do not feel it would be sensible to start sailing again with our current schedule so we have reviewed future itineraries.”