Pair die in suspected carbon monoxide case

The deaths of a man and a woman in the Forth Valley area are being treated as “unexplained” by police.

One line of inquiry is the pair may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning, it is understood.

Emergency services were called to an address at Main Street in Cambusbarron, Stirling, on Tuesday afternoon, where they found the body of a 58-year-old woman.

A 65-year-old man was found seriously ill and later died in hospital.

They have been named locally as Sheena and Alex Jackson.

A spokeswoman for Police Scotland said: “Police in Forth Valley attended at a property in Main Street, Cambusbarron at around midday on Tuesday October 30 following a report of concern for the occupants.

“A 58-year-old woman was found dead within, while a 65-year-old man was also found in a seriously ill condition.

“He was taken to the Forth Valley Royal Hospital where he subsequently passed away.

“Inquiries into these deaths, which are both being treated as unexplained at this time, are ongoing.”