A driver has been praised for ensuring the safety of his passengers after his double-decker bus caught fire on a university campus.
West Midlands Ambulance Service said the incident happened just after 9am on Wednesday near the junction of Gibbet Hill Road and Kenilworth Road in Coventry.
An ambulance and a paramedic officer were sent to the scene at the University of Warwick and the driver was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.
A service spokesman said: “When the driver noticed the smoke and flames coming from the engine compartment of his bus, he stopped immediately and then made sure that all the passengers were off before leaving the vehicle himself.
“Due to his swift action, he was the only casualty, suffering from smoke inhalation.
“After treatment at the scene, he was taken to University Hospital Coventry & Warwickshire for further monitoring.”
He added: “There seems little doubt that his actions ensured the situation was not considerably more serious.”