Emmerdale wins big at Inside Soap Awards
Emmerdale was the big winner at this year's Inside Soap Awards.
The Yorkshire-based soap took home eight awards including the coveted Best Soap gong at a star-studded ceremony in London on Monday night.
Coronation Street followed with five accolades, including Best Actress for Lucy Fallon following the grooming storyline.
EastEnders star Gillian Taylforth was honoured with the Outstanding Achievement award for her long career in soap.
The full winners are:
- Best Actor - Danny Miller (Aaron Dingle, Emmerdale)
- Best Actress - Lucy Fallon (Bethany Platt, Coronation Street)
- Best Bad Boy - Connor McIntyre (Pat Phelan, Coronation Street)
- Best Bad Girl - Gillian Kearney (Emma Barton, Emmerdale)
- Funniest Male - Dominic Brunt (Paddy Kirk, Emmerdale)
- Funniest Female - Dolly-Rose Campbell (Gemma Winter, Coronation Street)
- Best Newcomer - Julia Goulding (Shona Ramsey, Coronation Street)
- Best Young Actor - Alfie Clarke (Arthur Thomas, Emmerdale)
- Sexiest Male - Davood Ghadami (Kush Kazemi, EastEnders)
- Sexiest Female - Natalie J Robb (Moira Dingle, Emmerdale)
- Best Partnership - Lysette Anthony & Nicole Barber-Lane (Marnie Nightingale & Myra McQueen, Hollyoaks)
- Best Show-Stopper - Motorway crash/James' death (Emmerdale)
- Best Shock Twist - Andy's alive (Coronation Street)
- Best Exit - John Middleton (Ashley Thomas, Emmerdale)
- Best Drama Star - George Rainsford (Ethan Hardy, Casualty)
- Best Drama Storyline - Helicopter crash (Casualty)
- Best Daytime Soap - Neighbours
- Best Daytime Star - Lorna Laidlaw (Mrs Tembe, Doctors)
- Outstanding Achievement - Gillian Taylforth (Kathy Beale, EastEnders)
- Best Soap - Emmerdale