A hotel dubbed "the worst in Britain" has been shut down on the spot over fears people could end up being electrocuted by dangerous electrics.
Fire chiefs and council inspectors also feared a fire could break out in the Fiorenzo Cazari on East Parade, Rhyl.
See also: Kim Jong-un's hotel is receiving terrible TripAdvisor reviews
See also: The best restaurants in the world? Most of them are in Britain
The hotel - formerly known as the Morville - will not be allowed to re-open until safety work has been carried out.
The closure is believed to have caused chaos for some guests, who were left stranded overnight on Friday, The Daily Post reports.
They were only allowed back in to grab their belongings before a sign was put out front warning people there was "risk of electrocution, receiving an electric shock or fire".
The shutdown is the latest blow for the hotel, which has appalling TripAdvisor ratings that dub it "the worst in Britain".
In September, its owner was jailed for trying to pervert the course of justice.
In online reviews, customers described heaters and TV brackets falling off walls and "dodgy electrics."
One TripAdvisor reviewer wrote: "This hotel is dangerous, fire alarms blocked off with beer mats, trailing wires across doorway."
One resident said the hotel had been warned to comply with safety notices on several occasions before Friday's closure.
A spokesman for Denbighshire council said: "A health and safety inspector of the council has served on the Fiorenzo Cazari hotel in Rhyl, a prohibition notice under the Health and Safety at Work Act due to an unsafe electrical installation.
"This notice prohibits the use of the premises indefinitely until work is done to satisfy that the electrical installation does not pose a risk of serious injury or fire."
Dave Roberts, business fire safety compliance manager for Conwy and Denbighshire, North Wales Fire and Rescue Service, said: "When business owners put their staff and guests at risk of harm from fire and fail to improve their safety standards, it is our duty to work with partners to intervene to ensure the highest levels of safety for the public.
"At this property, we found significant fire risk and served a prohibition notice preventing the use of two of the spaces in the property.
"Denbighshire County Council served a prohibition notice preventing the use of the property as a whole.
"This is another example of effective partnership working to help protect our communities."
Earlier this year, John Washington (pictured above), a lawyer who owns the hotel was jailed for eight months for perverting the course of justice after asking a member of staff to take a woman out for a drink and try to persuade her to drop a sex charge against his brother.
Washington's hotel has 79 reviews on TripAdvisor - 65 of them with a "terrible" rating.
People who have left reviews described it variously as "beyond my worst nightmare", "worst place I've ever seen", "disgusting beyond belief" and "the worst hotel in Britain".
A review posted on September 26 described it as a "slum."
Three reviewers described it as "excellent" and four as "very good". Five others rated it "poor."