October's best 0% balance transfer credit cards
We've got together with money experts at MoneySuperMarket and have done the hard work in finding the longest 0% card, the lowest 0% balance transfer fees and bad credit cards available for October.
It's important that you choose the right 0% credit card as it can go a long way in reducing the amount of money you're paying your debts resulting in more disposable income.
While credit card providers are fighting over the best terms and rates in the market, customers reap the benefits with increasingly longer duration and lower fee cards.
We've rounded up the leading offers in the market on 0% balance transfer card for duration of transfer, 0% credit cards for low balance transfer fees and the best 0% cards for people that have bad credit.
Longest duration 0% interest balance transfer credit cards
If you're looking for the card with the longest time possible on your existing debt, and don't mind the fees, here are the leading cards:
• 60 months – MBNA 5 Credit Card – 5% fee – 18.9% APR
• 42 months - Sainsbury's Balance Transfer Card – 4% fee – 18.9% APR
• 41 months – Nuba transfer Credit Card – 3.49% - 18.9% APR
• 41 months - MBNA Platinum Credit Card - 3.45% fee - 18.9% APR
• 41 months – Halifax MasterCard – 3.44% fee – 18.9% APR
• 41 months - Virgin Money Balance Transfer Card – 2.4% fee - 20.9% APR
• 40 months – Lloyds Bank Platinum Credit Card – 2.39% fee – 18.9% APR
• 40 months – Bank of Scotland Platinum Balance Transfer card – 2.39% fee – 18.9% APR
• 40 months - Sainsbury's Bank Nectar Long Balance Transfer Credit Card - 2.42% fee - 18.9% APR
• 40 months - Tesco ClubCard Credit Card - 2.69% fee - 18.9% APR
Leading no fee 0% balance transfer cards
If you're looking to pay nothing at all, and confident in clearing your debts in time, have a look at these leading cards:
• 25 months - Halifax 0% Balance Transfer Fee Offer - fee free - 18.9% APR
• 24 months - Barclaycard Platinum balance transfer- fee free - 18.9% APR
• 24 months – Virgin No Balance Fee Credit Card – fee free – 18.9% APR
• 24 months – Clubface Credit Card – fee free – 18.9% APR
• 22 months - AA Balance Transfer Credit Card - fee free - 19.9% APR
• 22 months - Post Office Money Platinum Card - fee free - 17.8% APR
• 22 months - Sainsbury's Bank Nectar No Balance Transfer Fee Credit Card - fee free - 18.9% APR
Credit building 0% balance transfer credit cards
If you're worried about your credit rating, there are balance transfer cards that can help you build your credit whilst you pay off your 0% balance transfers and are available to people that have lower credit ratings than the top cards:
• 18 months – Barclaycard Platinum Balance Transfer – 2.69% fee – 24.9% APR
• 6 months 0% – Capital One Balance Card – 3% fee – 34.9% APR
A word of warning
Although a 0% balance transfer card is a great way to pay less interest whilst you clear the debt, ensure you clear it all if possible before the 0% period runs out.
If you're unable to pay off the balance of the card in time, you could be left with a large debt earning a lot of interest and potentially worse off than if you'd not switched at all.
* Rates correct at time of writing.