A British woman died after suffering anaphylactic shock when she ate a strawberry sorbet desert, an inquest has heard.
Amanda Thompson, 50, was on holiday in Rhodes, Greece, in 2012 when she died.
Rochdale Coroner's Court heard how the mother-of-two had voiced her concerns to the hotel and the tour operator, warning them of her allergies to milk, eggs and apples, reports the Mirror.
After eating the dessert, Amanda complained her mouth was tingling, and went upstairs to her room, where she collapsed and never regained consciousness.
North Manchester coroner Simon Nelson recorded a verdict of accidental death, and concluded that something in the sorbet had triggered a fatal reaction.
The inquest heard how a Greek pathologist had concluded at the time that Amanda died of natural causes, probably heart failure.
Her husband Ian always maintained it was an allergic reaction that caused her death, and the inquest confirmed his belief to be true.
Coroner Nelson said he found it "astonishing" that neither the hotel management nor holiday company had launched an investigation into the circumstances surrounding Amanda's death.
According to the BBC, Thomson said in a statement: "We note the verdict of the inquest today and we'd like to extend our deepest sympathies to the family at this extremely difficult time."