Teen dies after being electrocuted taking 'ultimate selfie' on train top

Ruth Doherty
Teen dies after being electrocuted trying to take ultimate selfie on train top
Teen dies after being electrocuted trying to take ultimate selfie on train top




A teenager was turned into a "human fireball" while trying to take the ultimate selfie on top of a train.

Anna Ursu, 18, from Romania, had gone to the railway station with a friend in Lasi in north east Romania to take the selfie with the idea of later posting it on Facebook.

But when she lay down on top of the train and stuck her leg in the air, an electrical field surrounding the overhead cables sent 27,000 volts through her body.

The charge was so powerful it sent her 17-year-old friend flying off the roof.

According to the Mirror, a passerby risked his own life by jumping on the roof and trying to put the fire out.

He had warned the girls to be careful, only to hear a loud bang seconds later after the electrical field hit.

Both teenagers were airlifted to hospital but Anna later died after suffering 50 per cent burns to her body.

Hospital staff said she had not even directly touched the electrical cables, but that the electrical field surrounding them is just as deadly.

According to the Daily Mail, Anna's friend later told investigators they had wanted to get the "ultimate selfie" and hadn't stopped to think about the risks.

Related articles

Teen fighting for life after attempting 'ultimate selfie' on top of train

Zelfie! Tourist gets amazing selfie with zebra

Tourist's 'cute' selfie goes wrong when monkey pulls her hair


Train Kick Selfie Guy On Track To Make A Ton Of Money Off Idiotic Video
Train Kick Selfie Guy On Track To Make A Ton Of Money Off Idiotic Video


Two Commuter Trains Crash in Mexico City Station
Two Commuter Trains Crash in Mexico City Station



Victims Identified In Deadly New York Train Crash
Victims Identified In Deadly New York Train Crash