Fox News host Dana Perino is out with her first book, 'And The Good News Is: Lessons and Advice from the Bright Side', in which she talks about her time as former President George W. Bush's press secretary.
In the book she reveals a rarely-seen side of the former president.
In 2005 while visiting a military hospital in Washington D.C., Bush was awarding a Purple Heart medal to a wounded marine who had not opened his eyes since being hit by an IED in Iraq.
After the presentation, the soldier came to and Bush rushed over to his side and ordered to do the presentation again.
He stood silently while the marine was awarded the medal for the second time. 'The president had tears dripping from his eyes onto the marine's face,' writes Perino.
She also reveals that he wept following meeting the mother of a dying soldier who was 'mad at him'.
- 'Could walk at three weeks old': The maddest Kim Jong-Il 'facts'
- Inspiring quotes from fashion's greatest
- A close encounter with an immense gray whale in California
- Why didn't Bush and Cheney prevent 9/11?
- Trapped elephant rescued by villagers after getting stuck in mud