Google have released a new piece of technology that will allow people to any display into a Google Chrome operating system.
The Chromebit (pictured above) looks no different to a regular USB stick, but the gadget is actually an HDMI dongle that can be plugged into any monitor or TV, transforming it into a computer, the BBC reports.
Not only does it let you convert monitors to computers, the other end of the stick functions as a USB port, allowing you to connect other devices as well.
The quad-core Rockchip 3288 processor will work with the monitor to convert the screen and there's 16GB of storage as well as Bluetooth connectivity and 2GB of RAM available, the Mirror reports.
As it runs on a Chrome operating system users will have to be connected to wi-fi for it to be able to work, but it'll be a handy budget option for those who don't have or can't afford a smart TV.
UK prices for the gadget have not been released yet but Google have announced that it will be sold in the US for $100 which suggests it may be on sale in the UK for around £70.
The new high-tech release from Google is touted as "the perfect upgrade for an existing desktop and will be really useful for schools and businesses" according to Google.
Google opened their first-ever branded UK store just a few weeks ago on London's Tottenham Court Road.
The 'Google Shop' sells the brands products as well as offering tutorials for customers, the Telegraph reported.
Strangest gadget stories revealed
Google releases gadget to turn TV into a computer
I was out shooting one day when my mobile phone rang. The gamekeeper confiscated it, threw it into the air and gave it both barrels of a 12 bore shotgun!
I was doing an aqua aerobics class, but left my phone in my pocket and didn’t discover it had been underwater for about half-an-hour. I decided that I would try and dry it in a sauna. Once dry I turned it on and it gave a couple of feeble flashes before dying completely.
My grandson thought it was not right for my phone to be left out on a cold day on the kitchen table instead of being put away in its cover, so he put it in the microwave to warm it up. He set the microwave on full power for an hour but it blew up long before that, along with my Samsung Galaxy.
I jumped into a swimming pool to escape a wasp, unfortunately with my mobile in my hand.
I was on holiday in Egypt and, after sunbathing for 20 minutes, I decided to go for a swim in the ocean, forgetting I had put my mobile phone in my cleavage for safekeeping. I didn’t notice until I’d been in the sea for 10 minutes, and by that time my phone had stopped working.
I went shopping for a frozen turkey and as I leaned in to try and lug a very large bird from the supermarket freezer my phone fell out of my pocket and into the bottom of the freezer. I could not reach it and had to go and seek help from a sales assistant who was taller than me. When we returned to the freezer, my phone had gone!
I once left my mobile on an armchair. When I returned my mother’s dog had decided that he liked the taste and had eaten nearly all of it.
I couldn't find my phone indoors anywhere. I went into the garden later on to find that my dog had put it in the birdbath.
My little brother took my mobile phone and destroyed it with a hammer.
My nephew put my tablet in the washing up bowl because he said it was dirty.
My four-year-old son purposely dropped my phone into a fish tank because he wanted me to buy a new BlackBerry.
I dunked my phone in my tea because I got distracted and thought it was a biscuit.
I’d had my new phone for just six days, and went to Tottenham play at White Hart Lane. Gareth Bale scored and I jumped up to celebrate whilst grabbing my phone to text my wife, dropped it and smashed the screen.
I left my Nokia phone on the living room table and went off to the kitchen to make a cuppa. When I returned my eight-month-old dog Scooby was looking a bit sheepish. About an hour later I found my mobile in Scooby's water bowl.
I was decorating our living room and had my phone in my breast pocket. As I leant over to dip a brush in a five-litre pot of paint the phone fell out and into the bottom of it.