A koala whose paws were burnt in bushfires in Australia has been released back into the wild.
The young koala, nicknamed Jeremy, was injured earlier this month and was treated at the Australian Marine Wildlife Research and Rescue Organisation (AMWRRO) in Port Melbourne after being rescued by a firefighter in the Adelaide Hills.
On its Facebook page, AMRRO said: "Jeremy [is] now released and loving life once again. Special thanks to everyone involved ... and to the thousands of people who have sent well wishes, support and strength his way."
Aaron Machado, who operates the clinic, told the BBC: "The only thing he has to do now is get used to not having any more room service.
He said the koala was wary of his rescuers at first.
"He had a big attitude," he said. Jeremy was easier to manage "once he was over that initial shock and he realised that we weren't going to eat him".
"We realised he wasn't just big grumpy bum, he actually had a big heart."
Paw thing: Cute koala gets surprise soaking by garden sprinkler
Cute video: Wild koala crawls up tourist's leg for a cuddle
Killer fire fears in Australia as 'catastrophic' temperatures hit 54C