A 33-year-old British tourist who died on a skiing trip in Bulgaria passed away from a massive heart attack after taking strong cocaine, an inquest has heard.
Nina Holmes had been drinking with friends in the ski resort of Borovets when they all "chipped in" to buy about £200 for five bags of drugs from a club rep.
The Daily Mail reports her friend Emma Roberts said: "Nina gave me a clear impression that she had taken the substance but it didn't look like what it should.
"She called out to me and when I approached her she collapsed. She was carried outside and put on a table and she was unconscious all the time. I tried to wake her up but I couldn't."
According to the BBC, the inquest heard how Ms Holmes had said to other members of the group, "This stuff is strong", in the minutes before she collapsed.
The site adds that a pathologist said the cause of death was acute cardiovascular and respiratory insufficiency brought about by poisoning and drug toxicity.
The Swansea and Neath Port Talbot Acting Coroner Paul Bennett said: "I am satisfied that five small bags of powder were purchased from a person called Stella for a sum equivalent to some £200.
"Precisely what it contained is unclear. Nina thought she was taking cocaine."
Wales Online reports that eight other British nationals were taken to the hospital after the night out in the resort at that time, prompting a police investigation, which is still ongoing.
Nina had been holidaying with her boyfriend Dean Herbert at the time.
British graduate killed after crashing into snow cannon while skiing
British teacher dies in ski accident in French Alps
Two British skiers killed in separate accidents in one week in Swiss Alps