A passenger was removed from an American Airlines flight after flipping out over being wished a merry Christmas.
The man was waiting for a flight from New York to Dallas when a gate agent welcomed passengers with the cheerful greeting while checking boarding passes.
According to the New York Post, he said: "You shouldn't say that because not everyone celebrates Christmas."
The agent replied, "Well, what should I say then?"
"Don't say, 'Merry Christmas!'" the man shouted and brushed passed her.
Once on the flight, the solo passenger was again greeted with a "merry Christmas" by a flight attendant.
He then began shouting and refused to calm down. He was removed from the flight as other passengers cheered.
15 flights from hell
"Don't say Merry Christmas": Passenger kicked off flight after meltdown
We've heard of vomiting bugs in hotels and cruises but rarely on a plane. On a flight from Chile to Sydney in August 2013, 26 passengers became violently ill with gastroenteritis after celebrating at a festival in Brazil and picking up the bug before boarding the plane. Some of the passengers were taken to hospital once the plane landed in Sydney and the plane had to be quarantined and disinfected upon arrival. This is one flight we're really glad we weren't on as the Boeing 747-400 only had eight toilets and the group developed vomiting and diarrhoea.
When you're on a long (and pricey) trans-Atlantic flight, the one thing you don't want to happen is for the plane to run out of toilet paper. Unlucky for passengers on a United Airlines flight from London to San Francisco in June 2013, the toilets ran low on tissue after the airline forgot to restock its supply. The passengers were forced to use cocktail napkins instead of loo paper when nature called and were allegedly told to use what they had brought on board for the 10-hour flight. That's one way for an airline to find itself deep in poo!
We all hate flight delays and even a few hours can leave us peeved, but holidaymakers on a Monarch Airlines plane from Tenerife were stranded on the Canary Island for a whopping 50 hours in August 2012 when their plane suffered a fault. The crew discovered a problem with the door hatch and asked passengers to get off the plane and wait for three hours. They then spent another hour on the plane before being put up in a hotel. A replacement plane eventually flew them to Birmingham.
When a pilot accidentally locked himself in the toilet of a New York-bound flight in 2011, he ended up causing a mid-air 'terror' panic too. When a well-meaning passenger heard the pilot trying to get out of the loo, he offered to help. The pilot asked the man to go to the cockpit and inform the crew of the situation, but the co-pilot was completed spooked by the man's "thick Middle Eastern" accent and refused to let him in, calling a state of emergency. Fighter planes were alerted at the arrival airport and the co-pilot was told to "just get on the ground". When he managed to break out of the toilet the pilot assured air traffic control that there was no threat. But the FBI still waited to meet the plane when it landed and spoke to the poor passenger who just wanted to help.
If you're a non-smoker, you won't be able to think of anything worse than a smoker lighting up a cigarette next to you on a flight. Three Canadian passengers on a Sunwing flight did just that in February 2013 - even though smoking has been banned on aircrafts for more than 15 years. And what's more, they refused to put their cigarettes out and ended up diverting the flight, which was travelling from Halifax to the Dominican Republic, to Bermuda. When the plane landed, their passports were seized by police, while the other passengers continued their journey.
There are times when the pilots are up against nature and have absolutely no control over a situation, such as when lightning strikes. In January 2013, a Turkish Airlines flight carrying 114 passengers was struck by lightning. A passenger filmed the incident, which saw sparks from the plane's engine as it caught fire and the cabin lights flickering on and off. Fortunately, despite the plane catching fire mid-air, it made a safe emergency landing and no-one was injured.
One emergency landing is enough but could you handle two on one flight? That's what "terrified" passengers on a British Airways flight from Saudi Arabia to London endured in August 2013. First the plane was delayed for five hours and in the air for about 40 minutes before making an emergency landing because of a problem with the plane's wing flaps. Then the next day when the passengers boarded the same plane, the problem reoccurred and the flight was aborted a second time. Passengers were reportedly "physically sick and crying" during the landings as the plane had to circle the desert to dump around 20 tonnes of fuel to be the correct weight to land safely.
If the sound of babies crying on a flight is disruptive enough to your journey, you certainly wouldn't have enjoyed the American Airlines flight from Los Angeles to New York, which saw an "unruly" passenger repeatedly sing Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You. We've watched the video and the woman is no Whitney Houston! She ended up being handcuffed and removed from the flight - but not before putting the other passengers off Whitney's music for life!
Thought a naughty child kicking your chair was bad? In August 2013, 30 adults created the flight from hell when they ran riot on a Ryanair flight from Prestwick to Ibiza, swearing, threatening and even sexually harassing crew in front of other holidaymakers, including families with young children. The men were warned by police about their behaviour before boarding but this didn't stop their drunken rampage, which saw them shouting and jumping on the seats too.
"Don't say Merry Christmas": Passenger kicked off flight after meltdown
We actually wouldn't have believed this happened if we hadn't seen this picture. A Chinese mother let her infant son defecate on the floor at Taiwan Airport. It wasn't a case of 'there were no toilets' either, as the boy was pictured pooing just 25 metres from the toilet. NowNews published the photo, which was taken by a Taiwanese tour guide. The photo shows newspaper spread out underneath the child.
Manatees have been protected in Florida since 1893 but that didn't stop one tourist from riding the harmless sea animal when she went for a dip near the city of St Petersburg. Ana Gutierrez, 52, was photographed touching and climbing on top of the manatee. When police arrived they were unable to locate her but after locals gave them photos of the woman, she turned herself in and explained she was unaware that hitching a ride on a manatee was prohibited. Although the animal was unhurt, she could have spent 60 days in prison.
At the end of 2012 when the world was 'about to end', revellers headed for an ancient Mayan temple in Guatemala for 'end of world' parties. The ancient stone temple at Tikal was damaged by tourists who climbed on it during the celebrations. Tikal was visited by more than 7,000 people for a colourful ceremony but it is forbidden to climb the stairs of its UNESCO world Heritage Site and the damage caused was irreparable.
When holidaymaker Labros Hydros came across an octopus while snorkelling in the sea on his trip to Greece, he had just one thing on his mind - dinner! What the 49-year-old mechanical engineer didn't know was that it was the second six-legged specimen ever found. Labros followed tradition by smashing it against a rock to kill it and took the 'hexapus' to a local taverna for a chef to cook it but he refused and told Hydros he should have let it live. The father-of-two cooked and ate it anyway!
A teenager caused outrage in his native China when he etched his name on an ancient Egyptian monument while on holiday with his parents. The 15-year-old boy wrote 'Ding Jinhao wuz here' in Chinese on the almost 3,500-year-old Luxor Temple in Egypt and after a photo of the damage was taken by another tourist and posted on China's Twitter-like website Sina Weibo, users hunted down the boy. His parents said Ding had "cried all night" after being attacked on the social networking site and they were forced to issue an apology in a local newspaper.
Whether you've been on safari or not, you'll know that it's a pretty good idea to stay inside your 4X4 and keep well away from the animals - especially the elephants which can easily crush you. One drunken tourist decided he not only wanted to get up close to the wildlife but that it would be funny to charge at an elephant while at South Africa's Kruger National Park. Luckily for the man, the animal decided to run the other way and not charge back at him. The "disgraceful" footage was posted on YouTube and one user said it was a pity the "elephant did not give you a mauling". Wildlife advocates also called for charges to be brought against the man.
Cringe! An American tourist visiting Florence's Museo dell'Opera del Duomo accidentally snapped a finger off of a 600-year-old statue of the Virgin Mary. Patrick Broderick, 55, who ironically happens to be an surgeon, was trying to compare his finger to one on the marble statue when it broke off. He was arrested in front of his wife and kids and released after questioning. Don’t you wish people would take notice of the 'Do Not Touch' signs?
Usually if you're not too keen on a place you just make the decision never to return. But one tourist was so "disappointed" after driving from his home in Germany to a cottage in Scotland that he threw a pizza and a pot of noodles at his partner. Wolfgang Gruelich, 57, was jailed for a night after injuring his partner when the country didn't live up to his expectations and when released he had to make his own way home while his partner and their children drove back.