A 24-year-old university graduate has died after reportedly suffering from dengue fever while volunteering in Indonesia.
Richard Cann, from Winchester, Hampshire, travelled to the island of Sumatra to work for the Orangutan Health Project in April.
According to the Daily Echo, Mr Cann collapsed and died following a seizure on Monday.
Last Thursday he posted a message on Facebook, writing: "Have had Dengue fever this last week. Slept solidly for the last four to five days and now feeling on the mend, but maybe next week will be 100 per cent.
"Sitting in 45C heat with no doctors and no air con, doping up on painkillers, hot water for the joints and a cat for cuddles.
"Nothing as dramatic as haemorrhagic fever.
"Should be fine next week. I'm made of tougher stuff."
It has not been confirmed that Mr Cann's death was linked to the tropical disease transmitted by mosquitoes.
The Daily Mail reports that his parents Kate and Chris have flown to the island.
Dengue is spread by infected mosquitoes and typically occurs in warm, humid areas or overcrowded urban centres in sub-tropical regions. Symptoms include high temperature, headache, pain behind the eyes and bone and muscle pain.
In August, experts said European holiday destinations including the south of Spain could become hotspots for dengue fever due to climate change.
If climate change continues on its current trajectory the risk of the nasty viral illness in Europe is likely to increase, researchers from the University of East Anglia (UEA) said.
The Po Valley in Italy, the Spanish Mediterranean and southern Spain in general are areas at most risk.