A warning of a terrorist attack on the London Underground has been branded a hoax by police.
The warning, which police said originated as a text message, said that it was thought a terror attack was going to occur on the Tube network on Monday, claiming "every" policeman had been called in for a special 4am shift in the capital.
It received a lot of attention on social media, and prompted the commander of the British Transport Police to post a tweet saying it was hoax.
Chief Supt Paul Brogden wrote: "Social media contains lots of rumours regarding threats to tube network tomorrow. There is no specific threat so keep calm & carry on."
He also retweeted a message by a colleague calling the rumour a hoax.
According to the Metro, the Metropolitan Police Service issued a statement saying simply: "This rumour is completely untrue."
The hoax comes after Britain raised its terror threat level from 'substantial' to 'severe' on Friday, reports the BBC.
Severe is the second highest of five levels, with 'critical' being the highest, and Home Secretary Theresa May said the decision was related to developments in Iraq and Syria rather than information suggesting an imminent attack.