Hotel inspectors have labelled the New Kimberley Hotel in Blackpool a "death trap" after it was found with caved in ceilings, disabled smoke alarms and blocked fire exits.
Alex Bracken, Blackpool Council's housing enforcement manager, told the Daily Star: "I would say it's a death trap.
"If a fire had broken out, which is highly likely given the conditions in the hotel, it would actually put the fire team in jeopardy."
Owner of the seaside hotel Peter Metcalf was found guilty of 15 fire and safety breaches after Lancashire Fire and Rescue brought the charges.
According to the Blackpool Gazette, the 90-room hotel was shut down after it was raided by police, who found an illegal electricity supply and chained up fire exits.
Twenty fire alarms were found to be disabled and there was no water supply in half of the building. There was also just a single pole found holding up the roof.
Earlier in May, a hotel owner was jailed for one year after his "death trap" venue posed a serious risk of injury or death to guests.
Wolverhampton Crown Court heard how a customer complained of fire exit being blocked by a mattress, obstructions on a landing and faulty fire alarms at Manjit Takhar's Bescot Hotel in Walsall.
According to Express and Star, the 61-year-old wonder started running the hotel in 2006. It has now closed and is a care home.
The Walsall Advertiser reported that Takhar was given clear instructions to correct the safety breaches but there were still major faults a week later.
The court heard how there were smoke detectors missing from bedrooms, no staff training and a fire alarm test revealed it could not be heard in some parts of the hotel.