A family's five-month-old Labrador ate their £400 holiday money the day before they set off for a four-day break in Torremolinos, Spain.
Mum-of-two Donnah Dear said she had left the family's holiday cash on the kitchen table but when she returned it had gone. She and partner Ben Lawson realised their puppy Murphy must have eaten it.
Speaking to the Daily Mail, Donnah, 37, said: "It just disappeared. There wasn't a trace of it, not a corner of a note or anything.
"We spent ages looking before we realised Murphy must have eaten it."
The family, from Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk, went on holiday and left Murphy with Donnah's mum Jill.
Donnah said that as they were queuing to get on the plane, Jill phoned and said she had recovered £300 of their cash.
"As we queued to get on the plane we heard that Jill had got about £300 back, by the time we returned it was £375.
"The last £25 has disappeared.
"We took the money to Barclays and although the notes had been chewed up and stuck back together they put the money in our account, which was really good of them."
According to the Daily Mirror, Murphy didn't learn his lesson and days later he had to have an emergency operation after swallowing a sock.
Donnah added: "Murphy will be our first and last dog. He eats everything and we aren't sure what to do about it."
Gorgeous puppy helps rescue swimmer in trouble on Swansea beach
Couple spends £2k on flying dog found on Caribbean holiday to Britain