50 branches to close in Co-operative Bank rescue

PA/AOL Money
Co-operative bank
Co-operative bank

As part of the Co-operative Bank rescue plan, around 50 branches are set to close as control is handed to a group of investors.

The Co-operative Group said investors who bought bonds in its troubled banking arm, including US hedge funds, will be given 70% of the bank, leaving it with 30%.